What's new

FS 1980s NIB/NOS Century badger brushes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awhile back I picked up a case lot (six) Century badger brushes on eBay. They're new in their original boxes, over 30 years old, made in the USA. Some of you may have seen these on eBay. They are probably among the last of the classic era NYC shaving brushes, made some time in the 1980s by Ascher Brush, which had used the Century name for decades but shut down in 1989.

So I don't need six brushes. I have one in rotation and keeping another. I'm making up to four of them available at my cost if anyone would like one.

You get a large solid resin ivory handle with the name hot-stamped in gold on the bottom. You also get a knot with a much higher grade of hair than the "pure badger" that's stamped on it. These are prickle-free, soft, and no funk. It's better than my best badgers and at least equal to my only super. They do not have a particularly strong backbone and will splay. Maybe not quite as dense as brushes made today but whips up lots of lather.

Dimensions - knot 22mm, loft 54mm, handle height 55mm, total height 109mm, handle diameter 40mm. It's a reasonably sizable brush.

These handles appear to have been made by hand. They are not completely flawless; each one has a little beauty mark of some sort, and they all have tooling marks on the bottom, as seen in the last photo.

Each one is wrapped in tissue paper and inside an unlabeled gold tone presentation box.

$20 postpaid to CONUS, PayPal to my username at gmail. Should be a pretty decent deal for a super badger in a resin handle, and it's also a little bit of history made in the USA.

The photos are of the one I opened and use, all nice and bloomed. The ones I'm selling have been unwrapped and rewrapped in their original tissue but never wet or lathered.

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_0624.jpeg

IMG_0674.jpeg

I have inquiries on all of them now, further inquiries waitlisted unless payments are not made

OK. Having finally untangled my inbox: I have been paid for four, and those will go out once I get them packed and to the post office. But I have received enough interest to justify ordering a second box and sending those out too. So I will follow up with those of you who messaged me already. If I am paid for them, I will get you a brush. For now I will close the ad. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom