What's new

1972 Gillette Prison/Psycho Tech

Just had to post my excitement as I have a acquired a razor that I have been interested in for a while now. The other day I was able to acquire a 1972 (S3) Gillette Prison/Psycho Tech that I believe is new old stock (if not it certainly has never been used or only once or twice). But the best part of it is...the key came with it! Here are some pics...you might want to cover the keyboard on your computer to protect it from the drool. :drool:

Gillette Psycho 1.jpeg
Gillette Psycho 2.jpeg
Gillette Psycho 3.jpeg

IMG_0682.JPG
Beautiful!! It's nice when you can score one with an original key! Here is a picture of mine I picked up about two years ago. According to the person I bought it from it came from a Canadian prison. It's an O-4 (1969). I would love to see others post pictures of theirs here!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I hope it's NOS. There's no telling what kind of bad juju it has on it if not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So, is the head of this razor made of Zamak? I know that most, if not all of the later travel techs that had the faceted head were Zamak.

Do you have to lock yourself in the bathroom when you use it? :001_rolle

Why wouldn't I? I love my bathroom! Okay...I love my shave den, which is in my bathroom!

Nice score. Who keeps the key for you?

Ain't no way I am giving the lady of the house the key...whe will think it is some useless gadget and toss it. :a47:

So, is the head of this razor made of Zamak? I know that most, if not all of the later travel techs that had the faceted head were Zamak.

I honestly have no idea. This will be something that I will have to look into. But to be honest, this razor is going to get little use. So I am not too worried about it.

Ah, how does it shave? like a normal Tech?

So I got to know have you used it yet?

So just to let you all know...I just completed a three pass shave using my newly acquired Psycho! I had about three days of growth, used a 24 mm f=Stirling Finest Fan (Butterscotch handle of course), face lathered, Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood, Thayers Lavender Mint Witch Hazel, and Fine Santal Absolut.

I opened up the top by inserting the key and twisting until the top was loose. I popped in a new Polsilver Super Iridium. After a shower I face lathered the MW Coconut Sandalwood (love this scent). Since I had a lot of growth, my first pass (WtG) were short strokes. I then went on to do my XtG and the AtG passes. Rinsed my face, splashed on some Thayers, and let that soak in while I fixed my hair. After, I splashed on some Fine SA.

I have to say, this was actually one of my better shaves. I shave with a tech a couple of years ago, but I don't really remember how it shaved. This Psycho Tech provided a pretty mild shave...but very efficient. I was pleasantly surprised BBS shave on face, and about as smooth as I can get on my neck without doing damage.

I hope this helps you gents out. I would definitely recommend getting one of these...but I also recommend treating it like a piece of history!

Have a great week gents!

I'm not a collector, I buy razors to shave, so this is one I'll have to see from afar. Very cool you got one complete with key. :thumbup1:

Nice Pickup Don! I received a Psycho for Christmas last year, but it has an after market key. I'd love to find one with an original key!

Top Bottom