What's new

1971 R1 Super Adjustable (Black Beauty)

Dear All,
I have been DE shaving now for almost a year, and I am frigging thrilled. I never minded shaving, but now, I look sooooooooooooooo forward to my morning shave. I have amassed a small collection as space is a premium, but all of my (vintage) razors are special.
I would love to introduce my two younger brothers to wet shaving. I have started putting together a dopp kit with literally EVERYTHING they need to start. I want to give them a birth month razor as this will be most special. I got a 1967 adjustable for my middle brother but I am stuck on the 1971 R1 Super Adjustable for my youngest brother. I want to give them adjustable as this will give them the most amount of freedom in shaving. I will use each one a few times, so they can so "this was my older brother's!" I am lucky to have a 1961 3Q Fatboy for myself.
If anyone knows where I can get a good 1971 R1 Super Adjustable, in good condition for a reasonable price, you will make this proud older brother squeal like a pig with joy!
Thanks in advance. Have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and a year filled with good health for you, your families, and your friends.
Scooter

Dear All,
I have been DE shaving now for almost a year, and I am frigging thrilled. I never minded shaving, but now, I look sooooooooooooooo forward to my morning shave. I have amassed a small collection as space is a premium, but all of my (vintage) razors are special.
I would love to introduce my two younger brothers to wet shaving. I have started putting together a dopp kit with literally EVERYTHING they need to start. I want to give them a birth month razor as this will be most special. I got a 1967 adjustable for my middle brother but I am stuck on the 1971 R1 Super Adjustable for my youngest brother. I want to give them adjustable as this will give them the most amount of freedom in shaving. I will use each one a few times, so they can so "this was my older brother's!" I am lucky to have a 1961 3Q Fatboy for myself.
If anyone knows where I can get a good 1971 R1 Super Adjustable, in good condition for a reasonable price, you will make this proud older brother squeal like a pig with joy!
Thanks in advance. Have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and a year filled with good health for you, your families, and your friends.
Scooter
Search "R1 Gillette" on ebay. There's a bb BIN obo for $49 + $15 shipping coming out of Canada right now.
Personally I'd just buy it since it's a gift, but you can play the offer game.

Sorry mods, if not allowed please delete. No affiliation on my end whatsoever...

Top Bottom