What's new

1960 Red Tip

Mike H

Instagram Famous
My first razor purchase in a long. After several years of hoarding, I settled down to a couple of DE razors and a handful of straights. But this late model red tip caught my eye. Nemo made me buy it. :biggrin1:
IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

Beautiful! I just bought a big lot of razors which includes an unknown year red tip. I’m definitely curious to see how it shaves. People’s opinions seem to be all over the place, either claiming it’s very efficient or that it’s mild. I’m sure some of it has to do with the blade as well. In any case, I’m looking forward to finding out for myself.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Anyone who calls a red tip mild must be having trouble with English as a second language. Great razors, though!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've been a Super Speed user for many years. I've been using a red tip exclusively since last November. A terrific razor.

Nice razor - I too like the Red tips.

It must be said though; they aren't as aggressive as the reputation suggests. Gillette's are typically very smooth & mild .. the Red tip is smooth and just not as mild ..

I too love the superspeeds. The new favourite is a flat bottomed Aristocrat jr .. that should be next on your list.

Was there ever a 1960 first quarter red tip or is the F marking just an E minus a foot? I have a '55 and love it. I restored a '57 and '59 and gifted them to my brothers.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Congrats on the Red Tip! Hope you’re liking it. I happen to find the Red Tip efficient AND mild, which is why I like it so much.

Top Bottom