What's new

1959 Fatboy E3

I'm so glad I found my '59 Fatboy for $40.00 in a local antique shop!!! It was in fairly nice shape even got it re-plated in Rhodium for less than what they typically sell for.

My wife shares my eBay account. Today, I heard her holler from the other room, "Vintage Gillette razor auction ending soon." Uh-oh!

She also shares my Paypal account which had surprise deposit for some boots she sold today. Gotta remember not to spend that on a razor.

Sharing your accounts; you are treading in some dangerous territory. I believe that in a marriage or a relationship, there are things you share and things you don't share. Accounts are one of the don't share.
cottontop

I also have an E-3 Fat Boy. I acquired it just a couple of weeks ago off the bay for $32. It is in very nice shape. But, I probably bid on a dozen or more before I won this one. What I did was to set my bid price at $35 and would not bid over that amount. I kept getting easily out bid but I knew that the law of numbers was on my side and that if I kept bidding, someone looking for a Fat Boy would over look one and I would win it. And so it happened.
cottontop

I got my gold plated E4 Fatboy for $74 off the bay. It's in great shape! It killed me to part with the cash. But after shaving with it a few times, it's worth every penny.

A story I love telling. I got my first fatboy and slim from an antique store for like 12 each. A couple months ago I went into another antique store and found a slim in the plastic case for 15, made an offer on several items so it was actually less than that. But my favorite find was a near mint fatboy and a forties superspeed in good user grade Cond... $2 each. That four dollars coming out of my wallet broke the sound barrier.

Top Bottom