What's new

1958 D-1 Toggle

My last shopping.1958 D-1 Toggle.I haven't cleaned it yet.
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-11 at 08.49.07(2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-11 at 08.49.07(3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-11 at 08.49.07(5).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-11 at 08.49.07(6).jpeg

Brother Hoscakal,

I do have a question for anyone with hands on experience with the Gillette Fat Boy Toggle. Does it shave identically as does the regular Fat Boy, or are their differences? My understanding is the heads are identical.

What did they retail for new in the late 1950's? If they were so wonderful, why were the not aggressively marketed and more popular with the public? Could you just pop into you local drug store and buy one back then, or were they a special order item, or maybe sold only in upscale departments stores?

Brother Hoscakal,

I do have a question for anyone with hands on experience with the Gillette Fat Boy Toggle. Does it shave identically as does the regular Fat Boy, or are their differences? My understanding is the heads are identical.

What did they retail for new in the late 1950's? If they were so wonderful, why were the not aggressively marketed and more popular with the public? Could you just pop into you local drug store and buy one back then, or were they a special order item, or maybe sold only in upscale departments stores?
The shaving adjustment is different between the "Super Adjustable" or Toggle as compared to the FatBoy and the Toggle sold for $10 and the FatBoy came out at $1.95

Top Bottom