What's new

1957 Gillette Blue Tip

DA27CA6A-465C-48A9-9CD7-E249679D63B7.jpeg
I finally broke down again and used my beautiful Gillette Blue Tip this morning with a Super Iridium blade. Something to be said for the lightweight assembly as opposed to the heavier razors I have been using. This one originally came to me with soap scum around the head and tip. After I soaked it in detergent it looked literally like new.
EF8B7504-8426-468A-8BBE-AFE18B39476D.jpeg

Damn nice just picked one up this weekend, needed cleaning. Mines not bad, the blue isn't as good as yours. Good find.

Attachments

• IMG_20190525_233446668.jpg
    IMG_20190525_233446668.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
Hi RR,

Now that's a beautiful BLUE TIP! I recently found a (circa 1956 B-1) Gillette Blue Tip however, it looks noooo where as pretty as your beautiful Razor being user grade (but fully functional/whole). Pray tell, do all Gillette BLUE TIP & RED TIP Razors have Aluminium handles ?

SixCats!

Hi@nemo,

Ah ha! Thank you nemo for that infomation. I must be honest, I'm not really a fan of (any) Aluminium handles/Razors for some reason, they just don't feel right to me. I am pleased to learn that the RED TIP
however is Brass! One of my "Holy Grail" Razors would be my (Birth year 1955) Gillette A-3 RED TIP.
I'm sooooo happy to learn the RED TIP is Brass! Thanks.

Regards,
SixCats!

Wow, great looking razor!

Blue tips, yes. Red tips are brass.

Ah I did not realize the Blue Tip is aluminum. Thank you. A Red Tip is the first Gillette DE I got my hands on and remains one of my favorites. I have always liked the look of the Blue Tip though. Since they're of different materials is there a noticeable weight difference between the two?

Top Bottom