What's new

1956 Serial Toggle Nickel Plated

Well I couldn't help myself. I just picked up a beat up serial numbered toggle (nickel plated) on ebay. The toggle and adjuster ring are frozen. The only reason I indulged is that I believe there is only one other of these. But I could be wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/gillette-sa...d1BzQ%2B8pGmATzPeSF50%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$NickelToggle_1.jpg$NickelToggle_2.jpg

great score Glenn. I was watching that one climb a heck of a lot higher than I could go. I'm glad it came to this place.

Very impressive catch!

I bet the seller was shocked :)

Thanks all. The seller was certainly amazed I'm sure. "Should I throw these out? Na I'll put them on Ebay - Those people will buy anything!" I'm just surprised the nickel toggle survived; the owner must be a hoarder, to keep what most people would consider garbage. Well we will have to see if it can be resurrected. Fingers crossed!

I just was in contact with the seller. He is a barber who got the razor at an auction about five years ago. He wanted old time shaving stuff to display at his barber shop. He has customers that are antique people that encouraged him to list it on ebay and is in needs of a new roof so he listed it. He said he got much higher offers than it went for outside of ebay but he felt they were sketchy so he didn't bite. He is happy that it is going to a collector. So that's the story.

Top Bottom