What's new

1948 British Gillette Fat Handle Flat Bottom Tech No 77

Status
Not open for further replies.
All, I purchased this through Dapper Studio on Etsy several months ago and it is just not being used.
Very nice razor and in good shape. The Etsy photo’s definitely make it look like it is on near perfect condition, and that is not the case. It has a few blemishes but works perfectly.
Original price paid was $85. I am offering to sell in the Continental US for $65 including shipping.
This is my first sale post so please let me know if anything needs to be corrected. Razor will be sterilized before shipment.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_1805.jpeg
    IMG_1805.jpeg
    876.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1804.png
    IMG_1804.png
    960.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1626.jpeg
    IMG_1626.jpeg
    433.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This is my first sale post so please let me know if anything needs to be corrected. Razor will be sterilized before shipment.
I think you did fine. Nice razor. I always wondered about that seller. Thanks for the warning. Sorry you didn’t like the flat bottom tech. It’s quite a good razor. I have a few. Good luck with the sale.

I think you did fine. Nice razor. I always wondered about that seller. Thanks for the warning. Sorry you didn’t like the flat bottom tech. It’s quite a good razor. I have a few. Good luck with the sale.
Thank you sir! I actually liked the razor. Just saving for a titanium BB.

Thought I'd let you know: I just received a Gillette New razor from Dapper Studio that has a crack in the handle. This is extremely common with these razors and shouldn't affect the shave. However, the text listed the razor in excellent condition and made no mention of the crack. In reviewing the photos I now spotted the crack, but it was facing upward towards the ceiling, not towards the camera. Very hard to spot unless you already know its there. In fairness, I have bought three other razors from this seller without a problem. But I'd be very careful.

Thought I'd let you know: I just received a Gillette New razor from Dapper Studio that has a crack in the handle. This is extremely common with these razors and shouldn't affect the shave. However, the text listed the razor in excellent condition and made no mention of the crack. In reviewing the photos I now spotted the crack, but it was facing upward towards the ceiling, not towards the camera. Very hard to spot unless you already know its there. In fairness, I have bought three other razors from this seller without a problem. But I'd be very careful.
I'm surprised. He has a great reputation.

Thank you. Good to know. I will likely drop the price on this razor to get it moving.

I only bought one razor from Dapper and was satisfied. His prices seem a little on the high end, but I wasn't going to let a few $s keep me away from what I wanted. Also, I feel that he describes his merchandise one level above what it actually is, but condition is a judgement call after all

I only bought one razor from Dapper and was satisfied. His prices seem a little on the high end, but I wasn't going to let a few $s keep me away from what I wanted. Also, I feel that he describes his merchandise one level above what it actually is, but condition is a judgement call after all
Well as I said in my other post I did get three razors- and a brush from him which were fine and just as described. I think you just have to ask questions and scrutinize photos with most any seller- the nature of on line shopping.

I would agree with your assessment. There are not standards and for me, the pictures were not representative

Well as I said in my other post I did get three razors- and a brush from him which were fine and just as described. I think you just have to ask questions and scrutinize photos with most any seller- the nature of on line shopping.
True. And there are not any standards for grading. But again, this is not a Rolex or gold coin. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom