What's new

1948 Aristocrat revamp from Razor Emporium

Hello Gents,

Just wanted to show off some before & after shots of my grandfather's Aristocrat that just came back:

$IMG_1062.jpg$IMG_1058.jpg$IMG_1061.jpg

$IMG_1084.jpg$IMG_1082.jpg

I couldn't be happier with the results. The nickel plating is awesome! The razor was in great shape when it left here and they sent it back near perfect!

Last edited:
Thanks. I got it back in about 3 1/2 weeks and they were really great with status updates via email. I know they've had some problems in the past but I had a great experience with them.

Its great to hear of your favourable experience with Razor Emporium since various problems that some have had with them in the past are well documented on B&B. I am curious, did you know that before sending in your family heirloom and if so, what motivated you to take a chance?

Its great to hear of your favourable experience with Razor Emporium since various problems that some have had with them in the past are well documented on B&B. I am curious, did you know that before sending in your family heirloom and if so, what motivated you to take a chance?

I admit that their reputation is not one of the best but they ain't Satan impersonated, I've seen nice razor done by them.

Honestly, I didn't know about any past problems until today. It never even occurred to me to vette them on B&B (foolish, I know). Thankfully everything went great.

Congratulations! Looks wonderful, and I wish you many happy shaves with it. Man, I can't wait to get my first Slim Adjustable back from being repaired and replated...

Yes, it has been going on 2 years since they had complaints. The owner had legal issues with his partner that was not contributing and was the source of the past problems. They settled in courts and now RE is owned full-time by husband and wife team with new building and money back/guaranteed services. I have been watching them for a while and they seem to be more reliable and had no bad issues to this point. Lets hope it stays that way because i love anyone that makes Traditional Wet Shaving a positive fun hobby.:biggrin1:

I admit that their reputation is not one of the best but they ain't Satan impersonated, I've seen nice razor done by them.

In the past 2 years i have seen many good razors and no complaints, lets hope it stays that way for the sake of our hobby of Traditional wet shaving.

Alex, besides the issues from more than 2 years ago that I understand lead to them being banned on B&B, this thread from less than a year ago still highlight's some recent shocking experiences under the watch of the current ownership.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/320812-Razor-Emporium-Revamp!/page2
This was part of the problem with his partner during that time frame, as of October he bought his partner out and settled some issue. RE then bought a new building and has new razor techs with better customer service.

I am not a paid endorser, i am just passing info. RE had non stop problems and complaints for the last 6 years, but it seems that the new RE may have less complaints. They are on Facebook, Imurg, Tweeter, and other sites and i dont see many complaints as compared to the past 6 years. I do know that they got rid of some problematic personnel which was part of issues and settled in court.

Top Bottom