What's new

1941 Ranger Tech Safety Razor

Happy 75th to all of the other Ranger Tech users out there. Was my dad's day to day razor. I have my own now and his resides in the case.

I've always been fascinated by the Ranger Tech and would love to own one. Last I went looking around the interwebs for one, the few I dug up were way out of my price range. If I found one for a decent price, I'd definitely snap it up.
first of all, stop saying INTERWEBS....:sod:LOL

I was looking at a 1940 Milord and a 1941 Ranger tech and they're virtually identical except for the plating. Both lack of end caps and down to the "Pat. No. On Package" on the handle. You could buy a 1940 milord (for a fraction of the price) and re-plate in nickel or rhodium and in could easily pass for a 41 Ranger Tech.
then you gotta get the right case for it too
from mr razor site

1940%20Milord.jpg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I've always been fascinated by the Ranger Tech and would love to own one. Last I went looking around the interwebs for one, the few I dug up were way out of my price range. If I found one for a decent price, I'd definitely snap it up.
LOL, I forgot I posted this. Well, mission accomplished!

E05740AF-70C5-4BF5-A8D3-6FAF26596140.jpeg
2614D343-38AD-40CF-8147-72132F659ABD.jpeg
This is one of mine; a brass head and neck on a nickeled handle. The theory was after Pearl Harbor Gillette was using all the parts they had to push out the civilian production to shift over to wartime.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
This thread deserves a bump today. If you haven’t read the post by @Komboloi (1941 Ranger Tech Safety Razor) you really should.

I used my Ranger Tech this morning. Not to over-sentimentalize a razor, but boy, I wish it could talk. I wonder if it was one of those gifts under the Christmas tree in 1941 for Pops or Sonny who then shipped off to war to do his part. And I can’t help but think of all the brave men who didn’t get a new razor for Christmas in 1941 because they gave all defending Pearl Harbor. Whomever owned this Ranger before me, it’s brassed in all the right places for a razor that’s done good service for decades. And no wonder; it’s a magnificent shaver.

Wishing you a peaceful and solemn Pearl Harbor Day.

Top Bottom