What's new

1941 Ranger Tech Safety Razor

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'm not sure they are so rare as to justify replating a Milord. After the cost of a decent Milord and replating you could probably find a real Ranger with a box for less. And it wouldn't be a fake.

I'm not sure they are so rare as to justify replating a Milord. After the cost of a decent Milord and replating you could probably find a real Ranger with a box for less. And it wouldn't be a fake.
I know the Rangers come up on that popular auction site fairly often. You just have to be patient.
If memory serves; one there may ruin a hundred dollar bill.
Buyer beware as they say.

"...the more people I meet,
the more I like my dog......"

I was looking at a 1940 Milord and a 1941 Ranger tech and they're virtually identical except for the plating. Both lack of end caps and down to the "Pat. No. On Package" on the handle. You could buy a 1940 milord (for a fraction of the price) and re-plate in nickel or rhodium and in could easily pass for a 41 Ranger Tech.
Sorry, quoted the wrong post.
Fat fingers on a smart phone....

I know the Rangers come up on that popular auction site fairly often. You just have to be patient.
If memory serves; one there may ruin a hundred dollar bill.

Buyer beware as they say.

"...the more people I meet,
the more I like my dog......"

I was looking at a 1940 Milord and a 1941 Ranger tech and they're virtually identical except for the plating. Both lack of end caps and down to the "Pat. No. On Package" on the handle. You could buy a 1940 milord (for a fraction of the price) and re-plate in nickel or rhodium and in could easily pass for a 41 Ranger Tech.
If it is the name you are after then you have to get the actual razor. If it is the shave you are after then you could get a Ranger Tech, Regent Tech, Milord, or Aristocrat made between '40 and '47, they all have the same head.

If it is the name you are after then you have to get the actual razor. If it is the shave you are after then you could get a Ranger Tech, Regent Tech, Milord, or Aristocrat made between '40 and '47, they all have the same head.

I'm not saying this as a way to cheat someone, but merely that they would shave the same and if they preferred the nickel as oppose to the gold. The same could be said for the Senator and Sheraton though the door mechanism is slightly different.

This is my 40-41 Milord. The plating on the handle was gone so I just polished it up. It shaves great, efficient and smooth.

proxy.php

This is my 40-41 Milord. The plating on the handle was gone so I just polished it up. It shaves great, efficient and smooth.

proxy.php

That's a Fine looking razor. :thumbup1: I think Milord's are under rated. They're the same as Super Speeds and Ranger Techs, but they just don't seem to get their kudos. Which is funny when you realize they pre-date SS's and the Ranger Tech is just a nickel plated Milord.

I couldn't do that it's not the same thing I won't say that it's the last great reazor ever made it doesn't even have to do the rarity of it I like this sleek look of it in the historical significant if I remember my history correctly I should because I was a history major longtime ago this razors production. Due to the fact the World War II was coming and all efforts we're donated to wartime needs I also couldn't do it because the fact that everything has to be in order for me example I can't just have to razor I have to have the box with it if I don't have the box I have to find now asked for the condition of the razor if it has a little ware on it I may just leave the old patina or I may get replated

I couldn't do that it's not the same thing I won't say that it's the last great reazor ever made it doesn't even have to do the rarity of it I like this sleek look of it in the historical significant if I remember my history correctly I should because I was a history major longtime ago this razors production. Due to the fact the World War II was coming and all efforts we're donated to wartime needs I also couldn't do it because the fact that everything has to be in order for me example I can't just have to razor I have to have the box with it if I don't have the box I have to find now asked for the condition of the razor if it has a little ware on it I may just leave the old patina or I may get replated

Well when I got mine it was in nearly mint condition, but had no box. Later I found a box sold separate that I purchased. Keep an eye open for one, people are always mis-listing them.

It's my understanding they stopped making them because of the war. That is why they were only made the last quarter of 1941. That's also why there isn't any Gillette razors from 1941 until 1946, when production started again.

If someone knows anything different, please chime in.

They continued to make the 3-Piece Tech, the military version at least. Bakelite handle, with black painted (non-reflective) head cap. I think the base plate is made of steel instead of plated brass. If you're interested in history it's worth picking one up.

From Mr. Razor's website:

$1939-1945 WWII Tech.jpg

Ironically, I have been following this thread for the past few days and then over the weekend while wandering through a small antique store with my wife, I found this old razor on a table. Price tag read $1! Needless I bought it and took it home, thinking it was a 40s SS. However, from what I have seen and read here, it looks to be the 1941 Ranger Tech.
$image.jpg$image.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Ironically, I have been following this thread for the past few days and then over the weekend while wandering through a small antique store with my wife, I found this old razor on a table. Price tag read $1! Needless I bought it and took it home, thinking it was a 40s SS. However, from what I have seen and read here, it looks to be the 1941 Ranger Tech.
View attachment 707442View attachment 707443
What a coincidence! Enjoy it!

View attachment 707442
woot woot!

Top Bottom