What's new

1940's Style Gillette Super Speed Razor - WOW!

I shaved for the first time today with a 1940's style Gillette Super Speed razor that I ordered on eBay a couple of days ago . . . I loaded it with a fresh Personna Israeli blade. I believe that the shave that I had today with the 1940's style Gillette Super Speed razor may have been the very best shave that I have ever had!!! . . . Super close / baby butt smooth, with zero cuts, zero weepers, and no irritation!!!

The razor that I purchased is in "like new" / pristine condition! - (It had a little of what looked like dark grease on the handle, but that cleaned off nicely!) I only paid $10.59 for the razor total, including delivery! I think I found my new favorite razor!!!

* - By the way, I have been shaving for about 40 years, and for most of those years I have been shaving with double edge safety razors (I learned to shave in the 1970's using a Gillette Slim adjustable razor).

Sorry, at this time, I do not have pictures. . . I tried to post the "before" (before I cleaned the stain off the handle) pictures from the eBay posting, but I could not figure out how to capture those pictures that were posted on the eBay website under "my purchases."

Here is the picture. . . thanks for your help drwevil!

$40s Gillette Super Speed.jpg

They are awesome razors. In fact I just started a thread about this last night.

Great score and congrats. It looks like a nice one.

Yes, I have a 1957 American made Flare Tip and it's just so easy to shave with. BBS without irritation - always. Perhaps a bit too easy, otherwise I'd use it more.

The 1940's Superspeeds are thought of by a lot of fellows as the best of the Gillette line. I have one and think it's a fantastic razor. For me, teaming it up with a Feather blade is close to perfection.

Alright... just donate it to the charity of your choice and forget it.... otherwise, you might want to look for more vintage razors... and that is a rabbit hole...:001_rolle

Congrats! :thumbup1:

Try it with a NACET, 7oc Black, or Rapira Plat Lux for a truly life-altering experience!

I love my SS 40s. As good a shave as you can get. (Well, the Rockwell 6S is a bit better-- but also 10x what you paid for the Superspeed!)
Mike

Congrats on the new razor and the wonderful shave it delivers. My oldest razor is a '53 Gillette President and it gives me arguably the best shave of any razor I own with almost always zero nicks or weepers.

Top Bottom