What's new

1938 kbc razor

1967.JPG1968.JPG1969.JPG1970.JPG1971.JPG

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the photos. If a normal DE blade will not fit it, it may be a razor that takes proprietary blades. You might have to modify a normal blade to fit. I am hoping that some other members will have more information for you. It is a very nice looking razor.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Very nice, it looks a little like the Leresche #77 which is pretty rare. Unless the pins are an awkward distance apart it should be simple to modify a modify DE blade to fit. Sometimes, like with a Myatt Daymark for example, you simply need to tighten the handle firmly to the topcap the force the blade to fit; I have done this many times and it works well. Don't overdo it though so as not to crack the handle.

Very nice, it looks a little like the Leresche #77 which is pretty rare. Unless the pins are an awkward distance apart it should be simple to modify a modify DE blade to fit. Sometimes, like with a Myatt Daymark for example, you simply need to tighten the handle firmly to the topcap the force the blade to fit; I have done this many times and it works well. Don't overdo it though so as not to crack the handle.
thanks richard, will try that.

I don't get why a standard blade won't fit - Kirby Beard razors were made for them by Leresche, who as far as I know only used Gillette-style blades. I hope you can make it work - Phoenix Artisan makes a clone of that razor and it's quite efficient.

Look here for a wealth of info on Kirby Beard & Co.

I don't get why a standard blade won't fit - Kirby Beard razors were made for them by Leresche, who as far as I know only used Gillette-style blades. I hope you can make it work - Phoenix Artisan makes a clone of that razor and it's quite efficient.

thanks for the info much appreciated.

Thanks for the photos. If a normal DE blade will not fit it, it may be a razor that takes proprietary blades. You might have to modify a normal blade to fit. I am hoping that some other members will have more information for you. It is a very nice looking razor.
thank for your reply, and kind words.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding

That is a superb thread, the first post is one of the most informative and interesting I have seen. Thank you.

Top Bottom