What's new

1937 Schick Injector

This little beast is for sale on an auction site here in New Zealand for $25 start and $35 BIN

Is it worth owning and can I still get blades for it if I decide I like the way it shaves? Will these work?

http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/c...or-platinum-chrome-razor-blades-loose-packing

I won't put up a link as the auction is still running and I don't think that's allowed

Auction Description " In original clamshell (dirty) cream cardboard box, inside a chocolate brown outer cardboard box, with original instructions and key with blades which I assume are all there as wrapper hasn't been removed.

The razor itself is in good condition for age, does have some tarnish on the brass, which should polish out easily. I thought the guard was badly scratched up but after some research appears some were designed with something called parallel grooving, so this could be what the scratches are. The head is brass has a butterscotch bakelite handle.

Etched on the razor is Schick Injector patent 1937 made in Canada, Insert key. On the underside of outer box, is written Magazine Repeating Razor Company, Niagara Falls, Ontario. I don't think the razor has seen much use. "

Thanks Folks,
Brian

Attachments

• $221495349_full.jpg
    $221495349_full.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Yes, those blades will work. That set has the possibility of never having been used, it looks like the original blades are still sealed. I'd pay that for one in that condition since it appears to have all of the original stuff with it.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Looks like it is all there - the problem is when you break open the injector pack it can't get home to NOS anymore. The set is likely worth $25 as pictured, something less if used .. sorry to add to the dilemna, but if you want to shave with one there are probably better actions

Looks like it is all there - the problem is when you break open the injector pack it can't get home to NOS anymore. The set is likely worth $25 as pictured, something less if used .. sorry to add to the dilemna, but if you want to shave with one there are probably better actions

Yep, dilemmas.

For the shave it probably would not matter if you use this one or a user grade of the same type but having a razor which has waited for 75 years to do what it's made to do could also be an itch that needs to be scratched.:devil:

Either way, be happy with your choice.

I just think it looks cool and I would never own a razor i wasn't prepared to use, I'd even open the packet of blades and try them!

Top Bottom