What's new

1936 Gillette Aristocrat

Well it finally came today. +10 nos blade, blade case and an itsy bitsy razor.

$P1060188.jpgView attachment 337893View attachment 337894 :001_tt1::001_tt1::thumbup::clap::badger::jump::c9:

Very good!

Nice photos!

My personal favorite shaver.

Wonder what the runt razor is?

so after a search, I found this:
The Miss Evans Little Shaver from the Evans Case Co. of North Attleboro, Massachusetts.
The razor head unscrews from the handle to remove and replace the blade. It fits neatly in its
gold colored case that looks like a compact design. Inside the case is the original paper insert
telling how to use the razor properly and stating that it is ideal for; Bathroom, Dressing Room,
Handbag or Travel plus a box of Evans Surgical Steel Blades in their original paper wrappers. The case
slips into a small pouch and then into a box that reads; Evans; A Gift of Distinction.
Assembled, the razor measures about 1 1/2" in length. The case measures just over 1" by 2"

EVANS: United States. Established as the D. Evans Case Co in North Attleboro, Mass. in the early
1920s. Manufacturing compacts as early as the 1920s. Famous for their mesh bottomed compacts and
their guilloche enamel. At some point in time, they became a division of Hilsingor Corp of
Plainville, Mass. Disappeared after 1965.
that is all for now!.

thank you Taco! The packing left a lot to be desired, but it's here, clean and ready for tomorrows shave.

I never really compared 30's Aristocrat to the Sheraton, I will be looking forward to your thoughts on how it shaves and how you compare it to your Sheraton, your collection is quite nice

I never really compared 30's Aristocrat to the Sheraton, I will be looking forward to your thoughts on how it shaves and how you compare it to your Sheraton, your collection is quite nice
Aside from the handles and without using calipers, my eye says--same. To me the Sheraton feels like a '46-50 's Aristocrat on mild steroids which equates to me as a dfs. Tomorrow it shall glide through da fat loaded with a Super Iridium, maybe even a Gillette Blue for the historical impact. Decisions, decisions! and thank you.

If the Brit Rodium Aristocrat OC is anything to go by you will have a great. close and smooth shave with that great looking Aristocrat.

Aside from the handles and without using calipers, my eye says--same. To me the Sheraton feels like a '46-50 's Aristocrat on mild steroids which equates to me as a dfs. Tomorrow it shall glide through da fat loaded with a Super Iridium, maybe even a Gillette Blue for the historical impact. Decisions, decisions! and thank you.

I've tried the Sheraton and the 30's Crat. I like the Crat better. They seem to have the same head, but I like the thicker handle and heavier weight. I think both are mild shavers, but that's me. In fact, I think they are slightly too mild. I think the 46-47 is slightly too aggressive, and the 48+ Crat is just right. It's interesting that people have different opinions about the same razors.

I've tried the Sheraton and the 30's Crat. I like the Crat better. They seem to have the same head, but I like the thicker handle and heavier weight. I think both are mild shavers, but that's me. In fact, I think they are slightly too mild. I think the 46-47 is slightly too aggressive, and the 48+ Crat is just right. It's interesting that people have different opinions about the same razors.
Hi!---I do agree that the 36 handle and weight are really nice. It also gets under my nose better than the '47--48.But it is mild for me also especially after using OC's for a while. But dang , what a looker!

I passed an acquired Gillette Senator, which is same design as the Sheraton, on to my son but shaved a couple of times with it while it was here.

The shave head appeared to be somewhat different in design and the shave the Senator was not the same as the Aristocrat. I believe I prefer the Aristocrat.

Top Bottom