What's new

1930s British Aristocrat No. 2 Traveller Silver De Luxe set

Glad to see you, too! I only need 3 more of those brushes :w00t:

I think yours is 2nd row, 2nd from the left, btw :001_cool:

Hi Folks,

My first post. I came here as a result of searching for info on a razor set I have. I hope it's not a breech of etiquette to revive a 6 month old thread.

My Dad worked for Gillette for more than 30 years. During that time, he put together a considerable collection of razors and sets from all eras.

I recently came across a new, in box, Aristocrat Traveller (yes, with two L's!) Silver No. 2 set -- original outside box, most of the pieces internally still wrapped in cellophane, the original unused thin blades... even the directions for use.

I came here to find out more about this set... I take it from the early part of this thread that this is from the 1930s and was sold in England? And the price at that time was 30 ... but 30 *what*? That *can't* be 30 GBP, can it? Gad! That was a lot of money then! But it also can't very well be 30 Shillings (because 20 Shillings is one pound).

I also have no idea as to the value or rarity of this -- or any of my Dad's other things. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Hi Folks,

My first post. I came here as a result of searching for info on a razor set I have. I hope it's not a breech of etiquette to revive a 6 month old thread.

My Dad worked for Gillette for more than 30 years. During that time, he put together a considerable collection of razors and sets from all eras.

I recently came across a new, in box, Aristocrat Traveller (yes, with two L's!) Silver No. 2 set -- original outside box, most of the pieces internally still wrapped in cellophane, the original unused thin blades... even the directions for use.

I came here to find out more about this set... I take it from the early part of this thread that this is from the 1930s and was sold in England? And the price at that time was 30 ... but 30 *what*? That *can't* be 30 GBP, can it? Gad! That was a lot of money then! But it also can't very well be 30 Shillings (because 20 Shillings is one pound).

I also have no idea as to the value or rarity of this -- or any of my Dad's other things. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Peter, we NEED more pics, we like pics!!!

Peter, we NEED more pics, we like pics!!!
I get it! On another board on which I'm active, a common saying is "Without Pictures It Didn't Happen" :)

I'm happy to comply... but I'm not really sure what would be of greatest interest. AND some of the components are still cello-wrapped, so I'd rather not unwrap them (if that makes sense). For example, the tube that contains what I *assume* is the brush is still wrapped in cellophane.

A couple of added pics:

aris_soap_blades.jpg

aris_raz.jpg

Glad to have you on board, Peter! What a way to introduce yourself :a14:

As you can see, I am partial to Aristocrats - absolutely love 'em. I hope you plan to stay around :001_cool:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
WOW! Talk about making an entrance! Welcome Peter and congrats on possessing what many would consider a grail shave set! We're glad to have you here!

That is one cool set Peter! I just recently picked up a similar set. Although not quite as NOS as yours. Pretty cool to see an 80 year old brand new set. Would love to see what other sets you may have received as well. Here Is my set.
proxy.php

Top Bottom