What's new

1930 New Deluxe Aristocrat Traveler sold?

I apologize in advance - I haven't been following the forums as closely as I used to. I searched for an answer for this but didn't find anything.

Back in late November, a New Deluxe Traveler set with shipper was sold on the bay. Here's a link to the sold listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-Gille...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The photos have been removed except for the small listing photo, which I can't tell much from.
$untitled.png

I'm sure someone here followed, bid on or purchased the set - was this the 1930 Aristocrat Traveler set, or the 1930 President Set? I'm fairly certain it was a New Deluxe and not a set from the 20's, even if the title states 20's (I believe the shipper has New Deluxe printed on it.)

Any information (and/or photos) would be greatly appreciated.

saved auction picture. it is a 30s new deluxe aristocrat. the most expensive gillette razor ever priced $75

View attachment 396054
proxy.php

I was afraid that was the case. I've been looking for one for a long, long time. If I would have purchased it, it would have just sat around the house, so it's probably better off in it's new home. Someone got a steal, IMHO.

not a steal at all but a good price. nearly same price like today because of inflation. if you consider the like new condition after 80years it is probably a steal

Inflation Calculator
If in1933
I purchased an item for $75.00
then in2013
that same item would cost:$1,344.63
Cumulative rate of inflation:1692.8%

Last edited:
I was wondering why this hasn't hit the forums since its been over for a awhile, but I watched this and was the second place bidder at $1400.00+ sad I was really hoping to win this too. If someone saved picture I'd like to see it again, the seller removed them from his photo sharing site so theyre not in the posting anymore. This was also goofy as it had a different stamp on it.

I have to admit, I would have paid that. Which, as Giac said, would have been a shame as I would never have shaved with it.

Here's to user-grade vintage razors.

Cheers,

Rick

I wouldn't have paid that - my wife would have me committed. But I still have hope, faith and the patience to find one locally for far less. I'm like a Cubs fan for expensive razors - just wait till next year.

-jim

Alex -

I think your photo's a President in an older Cavalier set - this was a full 1930 Aristocrat Traveler with shipper - same as the ad. I've only seen one before in as long as I've been collecting (used) and it was razor only. I was hoping Achim might share his thoughts if he's around - I know he collects some of the older (New Improved) versions of this set.

It being listed under shaving sets is probably why it was difficult to find. I seriously doubt one like this with shipper will pop up anytime soon and I believe it would have hit 2k easy!:thumbup1:

Alex -

I think your photo's a President in an older Cavalier set - this was a full 1930 Aristocrat Traveler with shipper - same as the ad. I've only seen one before in as long as I've been collecting (used) and it was razor only. I was hoping Achim might share his thoughts if he's around - I know he collects some of the older (New Improved) versions of this set.
I know, i was just linking it for the sake of related interest.

Top Bottom