What's new

1920's Gillette OLD type - with Butcher handle?

Anyone know what a "butcher" handle is? I'm looking at a Gillette OLD with a "Butcher" handle. Not sure if this is a Gillette or if it's an aftermarket company, etc.

Having trouble getting a pic to post. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this?

Thanks!

Wade & Butcher?

$uploadfromtaptalk1462839946219.jpg

Ah yes, thanks! I just did find some info as I continued looking. That's what it is.

Thanks for the help!

I have an Old with a Wade & Butcher handle and I can honestly say that it is one, if not the, favorite razor in the collection. The W&B handles are solid brass so they have a great weight to them. The balance works extremely well and the handle is functional and comfortable. I really like the shape of the bell end works well when going across the grain and against the grain as it gives you somewhere to rest your pinky finger to assist in balancing the razor.

I would for sure say go for it if you get the chance to get a W&B handle! :w00t:

Love the W&B handles! Ditto on the design/shape of the end being ideal to rest your pinky. I've moved away from small thin/short handles (using big 4.5" center punch modded for razor use), except for the W&B which is my favorite smallish handle.

Top Bottom