What's new

1920's ball end?

Hey all, I believe I have an old ball end open comb 3 piece from the 20's. Did research with the info provided here and have nailed it down to that time frame I believe. It has been in my family for quite a while but never cared enough to pull it out and take a good look at it, you all inspired me so ha, here we are. She has a beautiful patina, but dang it looks aggressive! Anyone use these and can comment on them. I love the feel, weight and length of it, thinking I may give it a whirl myself and let my Slim get jealous.

This is a 1920s ball end Old Type.Is it the same?

proxy.php

Congrats on the family heirloom, enjoy!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's one of my favorite razors. Yes, it's relatively aggressive for a Gillette, but just keep a shallow angle. A bit of care results in a great reward.

Just for quick reference I blame all of you for this newfound respect for the razors in my possession. Are those valuable of any sort? I don't believe I have the box or accessories for it, just from great grandpa's trunk. Thanks everyone, loving this forum!

[MENTION=102133]jerrylee101[/MENTION] we are gonna find out just how aggressive she is. I will be sure to take it slow till I get a feel for her.

[MENTION=79408]nuclearblast[/MENTION] absolutely, crazy to think this thing has been in the family for so long. Gonna have to find out when he got it and get the history behind it. Very cool indeed, and perfectly priceless.

look to the auction site's for the value.being as it's from the family i would keep it.it looks to be in good condition and should be a great shaver

[MENTION=41037]eastomjac[/MENTION] for sure. I'll have to check it out. It's definitely not going anywhere. All I know for sure was he bought it brand new and was passed on down the line.

I love and shave with my OLD types all the time! Fantastic shaver! Mine belonged to my father. Congrats my friend, you'll love it! :thumbup:

Nice! OLDs are one of my favorites, and being an heirloom makes it even better!:thumbup1:

Some people swear by a shallow angle, some say use a steep angle. I find it best to just use very little to no pressure, and just let the angle find itself.

Just for quick reference I blame all of you for this newfound respect for the razors in my possession. Are those valuable of any sort? I don't believe I have the box or accessories for it, just from great grandpa's trunk. Thanks everyone, loving this forum!

Not all of them came in a fancy case, some just came in a box, and most folks just threw the box away.

proxy.php

Look here at some of the possibilities.

Top Bottom