What's new

1911 style .22

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have been watching a lot of reviews and videos on the Chiappa 1911 .22.

1. Does anyone have a 1911 .22 and if so do you like it?
  2. Does anyone have any experience with the Chiappa 1911?

I have a GSG 1911 22. Its a great shooter, feels and handles like a normal 1911 with less recoil and reduce cost to shoot. The Chiappa is also Ok, both companies make most of the "brand name" 1911 22s on the market.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
300 bucks? Heck, at that price just do it! I mistakenly bought a bunch of .22 shorts. So I need something that will fire those eventually.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have a GSG 1911 22. Its a great shooter, feels and handles like a normal 1911 with less recoil and reduce cost to shoot. The Chiappa is also Ok, both companies make most of the "brand name" 1911 22s on the market.

The problem, Bill, will be finding one. You don't see a lot of 1911 .22's.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Are you looking for a 22 that looks exactly like a 1911? The Ruger 22/45 mimics the grip angle, safety, and mag release of a 1911 but looks like a Ruger.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Are you looking for a 22 that looks exactly like a 1911? The Ruger 22/45 mimics the grip angle, safety, and mag release of a 1911 but looks like a Ruger.

I only have 1 1911 and that is my Micro-9. The more I use it the more I like it. Eventually I should have the 1911 from CMP. I really wanted the 1911 platform in .22 for inexpensive mechanics of getting used to the pistol as I plan to add a few more 1911's. It is so much different than the Glock platform I am more used to.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've got a friend with one of these. They are a hoot to shoot!

Lol, I'm a Poet that didn't Know it!

I also have the GSG 1911 .22. I don't use it much, with the Canadian laws around restricted firearms being so strict, but it's a fun little shooter. No complaints. Haven't touched the chiappa.

When I posted earlier and mentioned the full size conversion for my big Kimber 1911, I forgot about the conversion for my little Sig P 938 micro 9mm 1911 type. It's really a hoot and a lot cheaper than 9mm, but being so tiny and short sight sight radius, not the most accurate thing going. Good for tin cans at about 15 yards.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Hm, I remember the Colt Ace ...
AA
A friend’s father, an officer in the Ninth Infantry Division carried this Colt A1 all the way from Sicily thru North Africa to Normandy, thru the Ruhr Pocket & finally, back to Cherbourg … immediate post-war, he purchased one of those Ace .22-.45 conversion units & regularly put his .22 service pistol through its’ paces until passing a few years ago.

I had a Ciener and a Kimber conversion kits. I also had a Colt 1911 Gold Cup, made by Walther if I remember correctly, it had a threaded barrel adapter for my suppressor. They were a lot of fun. I still have .22 conversion kits for a couple of Glocks and ARs.

I've had a Kimber Raptor, with their .22 conversion kit for 15 years or so. I have loads of ammo for both, but it's been years since I've gotten to use it. NJ is not the State to live in for gun owners.

Top Bottom