What's new

1905 'Quadruple' Gold Plated Single Ring - I think .

So, is the gold Single Ring something that should have a 'G' on the serial number? Is there a difference between a Standard Set type Single Ring in gold and a 'Quadruple' plated gold Single Ring?

I have a gold plated single ring that looked original to me. I have to dig it out and check the serial. It didn't come in a set or with any accessories.

I found my gold plated single ring.

It doesn't have a patent number. :blushing:

Mine has about the same wear as this one, well no box and cool gold leafed accouterments either.

It does have the Nov 15 04 Pat mark around the bottom on the outside. It also has very deep Made in USA under the blade tray and Gillette stamp which I don't see on yours.

I never really thought of my Gold Single ring as anything special because I acquired it very early in my madness, er RAD... It was not something I considered an investment by any means. I had never used it or cleaned it up, and pretty much figured it was just a gold plated old type. It is a Single Ring, but I wish it had a patent number on the inner barrel.

When I have a spare minute, I'll snap some pictures of it. Don't get excited, it's not much to look at. Nice straight teeth though! :thumbup:

serial number not patent number :thumbup1: Sounds like a 20's Old type not a SR.

I found my gold plated single ring.

It doesn't have a patent number. :blushing:

Mine has about the same wear as this one, well no box and cool gold leafed accouterments either.

It does have the Nov 15 04 Pat mark around the bottom on the outside. It also has very deep Made in USA under the blade tray and Gillette stamp which I don't see on yours.

I never really thought of my Gold Single ring as anything special because I acquired it very early in my madness, er RAD... It was not something I considered an investment by any means. I had never used it or cleaned it up, and pretty much figured it was just a gold plated old type. It is a Single Ring, but I wish it had a patent number on the inner barrel.

When I have a spare minute, I'll snap some pictures of it. Don't get excited, it's not much to look at. Nice straight teeth though! :thumbup:

To see how this set fits into the serial numbering of the known Double Rings and Single Rings check out this post in another thread.

Nice set Mark! I see that you're on a spree these days! eBay score or a local find?

eBay - while The King is away the Aussies will play! :thumbup:

EDIT: actually I spoke too soon and without thinking. This wasn't an eBay link, it was a private sale from somebody I've purchased from before who approached me about it - with terribly pics I might add too!

So your reputation as the king of eBay survives mate.

Last edited:
eBay - while The King is away the Aussies will play! :thumbup:

EDIT: actually I spoke too soon and without thinking. This wasn't an eBay link, it was a private sale from somebody I've purchased from before who approached me about it - with terribly pics I might add too!

So your reputation as the king of eBay survives mate.

LOL Mark! I'm just holding the fort till someone else takes over:wink2:

Top Bottom