What's new

.17HMR with a suppressor

Sounds like a popcorn fart.

I threaded the barrel of my Savage .17, installed the Yankee Hill Machine flash hider/ quick disconnect and put the 5.56/.223 can on.

Squirrels, coyote, and other vermin don't stand a chance.

This is quieter than a long barreled .22 shooting .22 shorts

I don't know much about. 17 but my .22lr suppressed rifles are quieter than a pellet gun. My 9mm AR suppressed isn't much louder with 147gr ammo. Lots of fun.

I find that the .17 with the .223 suppressor is nice and quiet. The suppressor works well, but noise levels differ based on length of barrel on my AR rifles. 24 inch Bushmaster is pellet gun quiet with standard 75 grain supersonic rounds, the 16 inch barrel Sig M400 is .22 quiet, and the 10.5 inch SBR is just a bit louder than a .22. I know I can get almost silent if using a subsonic load.

I agree, my 16" and 10.5" ARs are quiet enough to not need hearing protection.

How do you like your M400, is it the Tread? I had mine at the range a couple of days ago and I'm really impressed with it. I think it's way under rated. I didn't need it when I bought it but it was too cheap to pass up. If SIG would have put a 1 in front of the price, I think a lot more people would praise them.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I have said many times that shooting a suppressed .22 is the most fun you can have with your clothes on! I would like to try my Mask on a .17 as I am curious about any super-sonic crack. On my CZ match stuff is quiet and the CCI quiet ammo is ridiculous! The little Taurus is also a joy to shoot though bolt guns are where it is at! The Ruger PCC with 158gr subs is stupid quiet too! The 6.5CM is hearing safe while the .338LM is not but at least you aren't sending other range denizens running for the cars. Yes I have been known to do this when the ARs are thick and mag dumps plentiful. Bang, bang, bang X 100 then Chrissy touches off God's hammer aka 285gr ELD-M over 105 grs of Ramshot LRT with a Sidewinder muzzle brake and everybody simultaneously mutters "Whelp, think I'm gonna hit the road." :lol: Fun fact... The ATF agents I have talked to HATE that cans are on the register. Too much paper work, etc. Even they know the deal. I consider that there is no 5320.20 (Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain NFA Firearms) requirement telling. Maybe someday they will be off the roster but that's a lot of 200 dollars lost... 🤷‍♂️

I agree, my 16" and 10.5" ARs are quiet enough to not need hearing protection.

How do you like your M400, is it the Tread? I had mine at the range a couple of days ago and I'm really impressed with it. I think it's way under rated. I didn't need it when I bought it but it was too cheap to pass up. If SIG would have put a 1 in front of the price, I think a lot more people would praise them.
I like it, but haven't put too many rounds down the barrel preferring my 24 inch heavy barrel for coyote and vermin, or my SBR. Mine is just a regular M400 (came without sights) with the cheap Sig scope on it for now. But it was the last one our Walmart had and the last time I was in that situation the rifle sold and it was almost a year before another showed.... Keep in mind I no longer shop at Walmart for various reasons.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like it, but haven't put too many rounds down the barrel preferring my 24 inch heavy barrel for coyote and vermin, or my SBR. Mine is just a regular M400 (came without sights) with the cheap Sig scope on it for now. But it was the last one our Walmart had and the last time I was in that situation the rifle sold and it was almost a year before another showed.... Keep in mind I no longer shop at Walmart for various reasons.

I say the same thing about Target. Where do you go now instead? :)

I say the same thing about Target. Where do you go now instead? :)
we have Bi-Mart, but now have a Ranch & Home (feed, farm, hardware, sporting goods (fishing, hunting, firearms, ammunition), smokers and barbeques, cast iron cookware, clothes, boots (western, work, hiking). I also go to Ace Hardware as our Ace in the next town over has a sporting goods store (separate building) for hunting, fishing, firearms, archery, knives, hiking (not too much clothes, but packs and equipment).

For ammunition I keep looking at the online retailers as they have some good bulk deals when items are in stock.

Top Bottom