What's new

1790's Broomhead Warranted

This was auctioned off on ebay earlier this afternoon (ended at 5:31 pm). I bid too and darn now I regret not going higher. Congrats to the winner! :thumbup1:

It's also a razor that was once owned by Judge Lummus so that probably had a little with it going for what it did. Though those 1700s ones in this condition tend to go pretty high as is.

Really would love to know where the seller got all the Lummus razors (he had like 5) as I think his ads said they were purchased at an estate sale.

Is Judge Lummus a famous collector? If Pawn Stars has taught me anything, it's without documentation it ain't true. Cool razor, very wedgie...

...Ray

Is Judge Lummus a famous collector? If Pawn Stars has taught me anything, it's without documentation it ain't true. Cool razor, very wedgie...

...Ray

He wrote several articles in the 1900s about sheffield razors. He had a huge collection and scratched a number in the back of scales and also a code of red dots near the wedge pin. The code hadn't been cracked to my knowledge, but it is a very good indicator that the razor was once owned by Lummus.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Nice! I'll read it later. Did any of the pictured razors sell recently?

...Ray

Not that I'm aware of. Judge Lummus owned MANY. Noted author, Auctioneer, and collector Robert Doyle owns(ed) most of them. Joe has one from the Doyle/Lummus connection, as do I.

It's also a razor that was once owned by Judge Lummus so that probably had a little with it going for what it did. Though those 1700s ones in this condition tend to go pretty high as is.

Really would love to know where the seller got all the Lummus razors (he had like 5) as I think his ads said they were purchased at an estate sale.

Oh really! Thanks for letting me know. I bought 5 razors from this one seller and just now when I went back to re-read the listings I noticed the red dots on the razor scales. That's really cool! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom