What's new

17 year old son's first DE shave

I had girls and wasn't going to push anything on them. I found out my oldest’s live-in boyfriend had started DE shaving on his own. So I gifted him the 2nd to last DE I’d kept, a few sticks and the blades I had on me.

no big thing to me because I’d been using straights for years and traveled to see them.

Good on ya Dad. enjoy these in person moments, they’re almost gone.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My father abandoned us when I was about 13. The only difference is he still slept in the same house, we just never saw him. He was up at 5 AM and didn’t return until after 10 PM. On his days off he slept all the time he was there. We never did anything with him.
I feel that I did that to my son. Second shift nursing killed many parts of me.

FarmerTan

He was a police detective, and worked security part time at a discount store. His outlook on humanity was jaded. He always saw the bad in people and rarely the good.
I am just the opposite of that! My world view is that man is basically evil, but I choose to SEARCH for the good in people. Because man is NOT all evil, just predisposed to it.

FarmerTan

I see that in you. You are 180° from who he was.
Lol, I pray that my son sees me that way! Lol, I think he does. He and his fiance have asked me to perform their wedding ceremony. He says all his friends think of me as "a sweet old man."

Ha, I choose to take that as a compliment.

Lol, I pray that my son sees me that way! Lol, I think he does. He and his fiance have asked me to perform their wedding ceremony. He says all his friends think of me as "a sweet old man."

Ha, I choose to take that as a compliment.
I would take it as a compliment. There isn’t much that anyone could say better about us old geezers.

I was on the hunt for either a blue tip or black tip Superspeed - razors generally considered to be mild - for my oldest son. Was able to buy both from an individual on the BST. Both my sons (ages 16 and 13) will get shaving kits this Christmas. Will pick up some soap, synthetic brushes, and a tuck or two of blades for each.

I was on the hunt for either a blue tip or black tip Superspeed - razors generally considered to be mild - for my oldest son. Was able to buy both from an individual on the BST. Both my sons (ages 16 and 13) will get shaving kits this Christmas. Will pick up some soap, synthetic brushes, and a tuck or two of blades for each.
You are good dad!

Being just a weekly shaver, my son had his third shave yesterday with the loaner set up that I started him with. Last night he told me that he is really enjoying it and even though it takes a little longer than it takes him with a cartridge he feels the shave is much better. He said one of his favorite things about wet shaving is whipping up the lather and how good the soap smells.

I am working on putting together a kit for him for Christmas and So far I bought him a Stirling Weekend in Malibu soap and splash set, A Roman Empire Shaving Caesar razor just like the one he is using, and an alum block. I saw that Maggard has a couple of pretty decent looking brushes on sale for black Friday so I will probably pick one 22mm 2B Badgers up for him to complete his kit. Right now he is face lathering but I might 3D print him a lather bowl as well so he can try that if he wants.

Top Bottom