What's new

17.00 Tobacco press on Amazon

For sure, these have been test runs with Lane 1-Q, worst case I’m out a few bucks. 30 seconds does seem long, I did this last press 20 seconds. I will be pressing this one for 8 days due to travel. I’ll post picks when I get back Friday or Saturday.

I think it would have expanded more, but the tin I store it in is holding it down.

Works fine since I need to get it from the kake to my pipe anyway.
proxy.php

That is beautiful, it looks good enough to eat (but that could just be because I'm on a diet at the moment :D)

Did another press of 3 oz Lane 1-Q. This one pressed for about 8 days. I think I’m happy enough to start pressing some better quality stuff. Next will be a nice combo of Mac Baren Honey & Chocolate with a little burley and GLP Virginia Cream.
A3A00C20-FA00-43C1-A2A8-B218EA93E02A.jpeg
BDE03895-97B0-41EE-B9DF-510D003C83BA.jpeg

I did a 50/50 mixture of Lane BCA and Carter Hall, then infused it with Captain Morgan Pumpkin Spiced Rum, by placing a shot glass of it along with the tobacco in a large Tupperware container for 8 days. Then I pressed it for another 8 days. Lots of juices coming out of the press on this one, but man does it smell amazing.

The big question is... how does it compare to unpressed 1-Q?
I’ll find out this wknd, but I’m not expecting much difference if any in an aromatic. These are just trial runs with inexpensive tobacco. The main goal is to make sure I’m doing it right before I start pressing some of my favorite English blends that are taking up way too much storage space. If pressing helps those English blends age better that’s a nice bonus, but my main reason storage.

I’ll find out this wknd, but I’m not expecting much difference if any in an aromatic. These are just trial runs with inexpensive tobacco. The main goal is to make sure I’m doing it right before I start pressing some of my favorite English blends that are taking up way too much storage space. If pressing helps those English blends age better that’s a nice bonus, but my main reason storage.

Just remember that pressing will change the flavor of your English blends.

This press is 1/2 Mac Baren Chocolate & Honey 1/4 burley and 1/4 GLP Virginia Cream. It smells & looks like a wonderful brownie. These presses also fit perfectly in the Ball jelly jars, and I mean perfectly. Should be able to get at least two presses in each jar. The space saving is incredible.
D6957A73-BECD-435D-8085-16E1AC3782F4.jpeg
3571DFFA-E3C8-448D-B8B9-94C8089F7131.jpeg4694A9A5-735B-46A2-AA46-0034A536E940.jpeg

Mike H

Instagram Famous
1.4 ounces of Sutliff 515, 3 coins of Escudo and 3 flakes of Bold Kentucky rubbed out and pressed for 10 days.
proxy.php

And yes it does fit perfectly in the tiny mason jar.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Are you using wax paper to plug the holes? How many oz would you say you fit per pressing?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I am using the lid to a Pringle’s can I trimmed to fit on both ends. A plug can be from 1 to 3 ounces depending on how thick you want it.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
It changes the flavor, and can mellow out harsh blends and marry flavors better than just mixing. But it can mellow them out enough that you loose some of the qualities you might enjoy. I have found pressing dark fired tones down the harshness, but it does the same with bright Virginia’s and I like that tangy citrus so pressing may not be best for those.
That is just my opinion based on a limited number of pressings. My opinion may change when I smoke the most recent press of 515.

Pressed another brownie, this time without warming it up prepress. Could not tell a difference between this press and the first press I warmed up, they are basically identical. I was able to get 2 presses (5 oz) into a very small Ball jellybean jar.
930CB8D9-5C57-46D6-929F-A89A889E9E72.jpeg
3DC01311-6C19-4803-B2FD-DC4A9CFC4384.jpeg

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I smoked some of the Sutliff 515 that I pressed a couple weeks ago. Over all, I liked it less than the loose. The sharp tangy citrus flavor that I enjoy was very much subdued in the pressed variety. I did add some dark fire and some perique but I don’t think that is the issue.
proxy.php

Top Bottom