What's new

#16 Aristocrat 'Gillette' diamond stamp

I'd never noticed this before ...... But I thought I'd get a snap of it before I reassembled the #16 the parts belong to. I was curious to know if anybody else had seen this stamp on the push shaft before while their #16s were in bits?

$DSC_0026.jpg

Good plan ....... I should imagine he will have seen a few of these in various states......

It does seem odd that Gillette would go to the trouble of branding a part of the razor that will never be seen by the end user, especially when this would have been a no brainer to the question : "How can we keep production costs down?"............ Made perhaps that bit more relevant considering we's only just started putting everything back together again after that little bit of organised unfriendliness we had with those naughty nazis ......

I've got another one disassembled at the moment, waiting for me to get a move on and get it back together straight ......... That one doesn't have the stamp ...... I wonder if the stamp may have been significant of an earlier production model........ perhaps a bit of frivolity that was done away with in hindsight. Alternately ....... something they decided to add to a later run once sales were established?

Dunno ....... Interesting, though :thumbup1:

Top Bottom