What's new

#15 parade

Bummer. So what is causing that extra ‘give’ in the TTO? It doesn’t appear to have any affect on the silo doors. It just feels like I’m over-tightening ever so slightly.
It should close snug, not tight.

Have you done the hot water/ Dawn dish soap soak? The British Aristocrats tend to collect gunk in the mechanism. I had one it took 6 soakings to get all the crud out.

My suspicion is there’s a bit of gunk in there that FEELS like the razor is closed, and what you think is an extra 1/8 turn is just getting by the gunk to actually closed.

Not having it in hand, I could be totally wrong!

But putting it through a few, or quite a few hot water/Dawn cycles, or even a heavy dose of scrubbing Bubbles and a few soaks won’t hurt anything, and might help clean out the action.

Hint: get some pipe cleaners. After a soak, fold in half and ream the hole on the bottom of the knob. You might be surprised what all is in there.

Good luck!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

Have you done the hot water/ Dawn dish soap soak? The British Aristocrats tend to collect gunk in the mechanism. I had one it took 6 soakings to get all the crud out.

My suspicion is there’s a bit of gunk in there that FEELS like the razor is closed, and what you think is an extra 1/8 turn is just getting by the gunk to actually closed.

But putting it through a few, or quite a few hot water/Dawn cycles, or even a heavy dose of scrubbing Bubbles and a few soaks won’t hurt anything, and might help clean out the action.

Hint: get some pipe cleaners. After a soak, fold in half and ream the hole on the bottom of the knob. You might be surprised what all is in there.

Good luck!
Great advice, Mark. Thank you!

Good luck!
Good advice from Yoda! :lol:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Good advice from Yoda! :lol:

Good luck!
That was it! Just gunk. The Dawn bath loosened it up and now it’s perfect. Thanks again!!

:001_tt1:

2B779EC6-D1A2-4090-B792-E0CA090529FE.jpeg
D4888BE6-0324-4436-939A-E59E18E9B8C1.jpeg

Top Bottom