What's new

#15 boycott!

I kept on checking ebay for a long time. One night I was sitting at local bar cruising the bay and I lucked out on a nice #15 for $150 bin. I bought it immediately and fell in love with it once I got it. Don't give up deals pop up randomly.

I kept on checking ebay for a long time. One night I was sitting at local bar cruising the bay and I lucked out on a nice #15 for $150 bin. I bought it immediately and fell in love with it once I got it. Don't give up deals pop up randomly.

Where do you live in Illinois?

You could of course live in England where these are found everywhere, along with all the Aristocrat range.........:lol:

Attachments

• $IMG_0183.jpg
    $IMG_0183.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 148
  • $IMG_0184.jpg
    $IMG_0184.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 150
Interesting! I have the version without comb somewhere? here's me wondering whether that one fetches the same silly prices...

imatabor, hang in there. I had none a few months ago and now have a few. :laugh: Good Luck!

How about posting a WTB?

Here's another one http://goo.gl/1If4nL

I can't seem to make up my mind as to whether they are worth the prices they fetch. On the one hand, it seems to me these old things are not worth that kind of prices, because, well, old and all that. I would expect this kind of prices for a gold toggle, not for one of these.

On the other hand, they are as good as modern production, which can be quite expensive as well.

Last edited:
The experience below is not unusual. Be paitent and diligent in your search and the shaving gods will reward you.

eBay is a strange place. I bid up to $32 on a birth year and quarter 1973 black handle Super Speed, only to see it go to just shy of $39 in a bizarre down to the minute bidding war.

Then two days later I won a 1973 birth quarter SS for $15 with not a single competing bid. The seller photos were not as good, but I doubt it is in substantially poorer condition than the $39 one. I should get it sometime this week.

What makes this razor so special to you? Why are the made in England razors better and I have always wondered why they plated in Rhodium vs the standard nickel or gold of the NA market.

Top Bottom