What's new

132 Blades - Bic Chrome Platinum

This one was completely underwhelming. I've had the blade in the razor for 2 shaves and it was a race to the bottom, but the Abest still retains the title as worst blade I've tried so far. I had a total of 8 bleeders in 2 shaves and I have no doubt that, should I press the blade to 4 shaves, I would be giving a rating of somewhere between 0 and 2 for the total amount of blood.

1677979454998.png

Next Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless

BiC is worst blade for me
Sometimes,⅕ times it's good.
I'm starting to think that duds are the good blades.

Recently I was delivered two boxes of fakes orange tuck/orange paper Bic CPs from Shopee. I tried multiple blades from various tucks and different parts of the boxes. They were all equally terrible. No cutting power, nothing like the legit ones Amazon UK shipped to me directly, which were absolutely wonderful.

Upon closer inspection the printing on the tuck and paper looked pretty legitimate, but the feel of the paper and cardboard was off. Also, the printing on the blades was atrocious, the printing on the legit Bics is very tight (although older yellow card/yellow paper ones can have sloppy printing).

All that being said, there are fake Bics on the market. I wonder if you received fake ones?

Or maybe the real ones are just too sharp for you?

I have a tuck of these waiting to try. Everything I have read leads me to believe they are next to Feathers in sharpness, so perhaps not a surprise if longevity wasn't great...I still feel like you are cutting yourself a lot in these tests though!

Recently I was delivered two boxes of fakes orange tuck/orange paper Bic CPs from Shopee. I tried multiple blades from various tucks and different parts of the boxes. They were all equally terrible. No cutting power, nothing like the legit ones Amazon UK shipped to me directly, which were absolutely wonderful.

Upon closer inspection the printing on the tuck and paper looked pretty legitimate, but the feel of the paper and cardboard was off. Also, the printing on the blades was atrocious, the printing on the legit Bics is very tight (although older yellow card/yellow paper ones can have sloppy printing).

All that being said, there are fake Bics on the market. I wonder if you received fake ones?

Or maybe the real ones are just too sharp for you?
the BIC CP was the worst blade I ever tried, maybe I got fakes too, although I could never find any confirmation that there actually are fake blades out there.

Top Bottom