What's new

132 Blades - Asco Super Stainless Orange - not good

I don't know how the super stainless and the super stainless orange differ, but the super stainless was everything that the super stainless orange was not. Only 3 shaves with this blade before a bloodletting that was definitely not to my taste. The weepers number should have been higher but the way I run the test, blood has to show up on a white piece of TP pressed against my face to be counted. I think 3-4 weepers stopped bleeding between the last pass (pre-polishing) and the post-shave rinse so they didn't show and I can't count them.

Here are the results:
1675464291127.png

and here is the total so far.
1675464250702.png

Next up is the Asco Super Stainless (Red).

Reactions: Kix
I've been shaving with the platinums for about a year now with no complaints. Not the sharpest blade out there, but provides a perfectly acceptable, comfortable shave.

Have used the orange stainless in the past, and still have a bunch in inventory, and like them a lot. Seems that this is a case of either a bad lot or YMMV.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Have never had a problem with Asco orange blades. Currently shaving with one now...going on shave #4 with it. Going to try the Reds!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
From what I have seen and heard, the Asco Red and Orange are the same blade. The difference being Red has 10 blades and Orange has 5 blades per pack.

Well...if that's the case...I don't have to try the Reds.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
From what I have seen and heard, the Asco Red and Orange are the same blade. The difference being Red has 10 blades and Orange has 5 blades per pack.
Thanks. The reds are $2 more per 100 for some reason. (Both in 10 packs) Both say super Stainless. I keep forgetting what color I have and based on an earlier thread was interested in trying the other one.

Top Bottom