What's new

132 Blades - Asco Super Stainless interim results

Posting because we decided to take a bit of a stay-cation for a few days and I'll be switching razors and blades for simple WTG only shaves and will pick up when we're back in the usual routine.

Three shaves into the Asco Super Stainless and WOW! 2 shaves real close to BBS and one BBS shave. I only allow myself 2 polishing passes for this test but had I been able to do one more, I would have easily achieved a BBS shave for shaves 1 and 3. Shave #2 did get there. Weepers and bleeders: absolutely none. My go-to blade, Personna (Israel) Viking Sword is a reliable DFS at this point (3rd shave). This blade has been a real pleasure to shave with. If it holds out in shave quality for two more shaves, then it may be a contender for best of the bunch and it just may have those legs. Not bad for a blade that costs 10 cents a pop at RBC and 9 cents a pop on Amazon (w/o shipping).

Posting because we decided to take a bit of a stay-cation for a few days and I'll be switching razors and blades for simple WTG only shaves and will pick up when we're back in the usual routine.

Three shaves into the Asco Super Stainless and WOW! 2 shaves real close to BBS and one BBS shave. I only allow myself 2 polishing passes for this test but had I been able to do one more, I would have easily achieved a BBS shave for shaves 1 and 3. Shave #2 did get there. Weepers and bleeders: absolutely none. My go-to blade, Personna (Israel) Viking Sword is a reliable DFS at this point (3rd shave). This blade has been a real pleasure to shave with. If it holds out in shave quality for two more shaves, then it may be a contender for best of the bunch and it just may have those legs. Not bad for a blade that costs 10 cents a pop at RBC and 9 cents a pop on Amazon (w/o shipping).
@Kent Kimmons, on the RBC site I see 3 different Asco blades labelled as Super Stainless, blue, orange, and red tucks. Which on are you commenting on?

Reactions: Kix
@Kent Kimmons, on the RBC site I see 3 different Asco blades labelled as Super Stainless, blue, orange, and red tucks. Which on are you commenting on?

From info I've seen here on B&B and otherwise on the internet, and in my opinion, these blades are probably all the same, just packaged differently for different areas of distribution. I just don't think that it would make business sense for the Lord company to produce so many different blade brands that were all different.

From info I've seen here on B&B and otherwise on the internet, and in my opinion, these blades are probably all the same, just packaged differently for different areas of distribution. I just don't think that it would make business sense for the Lord company to produce so many different blade brands that were all different.
I would tend to agree, but they might also be slightly different - like Derby Extra pre/post 2016.

I would tend to agree, but they might also be slightly different - like Derby Extra pre/post 2016.

I can get that if a manufacturing change was made. Just considering that Lord packages around two dozen Lord branded DE blades, in addition to all the other blade brands they market. Plus they make disposable razors, cartridge razors, and batteries.

As I said, RBC lists 3 of those. Which of the 3 are you referring to?
The RBC site has:
ASCO - Super Stainless
Asco - Super Stainless (Orange)
Asco - Super Stainless (Red)
Asco - Platinum

I'm using the Super Stainless, not the orange or red.

Top Bottom