What's new

132 Blades - Arko Soap

Over in Safety Razor Blades I am posting incremental reviews for 132 blades that I got in a Christmas sampler. I also got 2 pucks of Arko soap to go with the blades and wanted to post my take on the soap. I know there are discussion here on the scent and I will address that. I began the sample pack using this soap without having ever used it before, kind of a risk but occasionally living life on the ragged edge is the fun thing to do 😆. Anyway, I find the soap produces a good lather and lubricates the face quite well for the razor. The puck/plastic case is on the small side and so I do lose a lot of lather as waste each time I shave, still, it is cheap enough that I'm not too concerned about that. The scent goes on and outright slaps your nose around so hard that numbness is achieved.☠️ I find the initial scent actually a bit uncomfortable. I do put up with it because the performance on my face is so good. I would have to compare the performance favorably to my Proraiso cream!

After a 2 pass shave and polishing, the scent does fade rather quickly and by the time I am out of the bathroom in the AM, what is left is not at all unreasonable and SWMBO loves the smell so there is that. Still, if you have allergies or strong perfumes simply get to you, this may be one you want to think twice about.

Over in Safety Razor Blades I am posting incremental reviews for 132 blades that I got in a Christmas sampler. I also got 2 pucks of Arko soap to go with the blades and wanted to post my take on the soap. I know there are discussion here on the scent and I will address that. I began the sample pack using this soap without having ever used it before, kind of a risk but occasionally living life on the ragged edge is the fun thing to do 😆. Anyway, I find the soap produces a good lather and lubricates the face quite well for the razor. The puck/plastic case is on the small side and so I do lose a lot of lather as waste each time I shave, still, it is cheap enough that I'm not too concerned about that. The scent goes on and outright slaps your nose around so hard that numbness is achieved.☠️ I find the initial scent actually a bit uncomfortable. I do put up with it because the performance on my face is so good. I would have to compare the performance favorably to my Proraiso cream!

After a 2 pass shave and polishing, the scent does fade rather quickly and by the time I am out of the bathroom in the AM, what is left is not at all unreasonable and SWMBO loves the smell so there is that. Still, if you have allergies or strong perfumes simply get to you, this may be one you want to think twice about.
The scent doesn't fade. Perhaps it just burns out the scent receptors in your nose and you can no longer smell it? :lol1:

It is a good soap, but it leaves my face very dry afterwards. The smell is sort of like citronella or cheap lemon perfume that girls used to wear. Not unpleasant to me, but not great, either.

I shaved with Arko and HASLINGER Sheep Milk today. These are my thoughts on Arko sticks to me when they are wrapped and in a pack of three or more they smell like a urinal cake. When they are out of the packaging for a while they smell like Ivory bar soap.

I have never smelled a urinal cake that smells like Arko. Urinal cakes are strong smelling and chemical like. Arko is just soapy with a bit of lemon or citronella. It does weaken after exposure to air for a while. I enjoy poking fun at it, but it isn't bad. I used some just a few days ago. Not my favorite, by any means, but okay.

Now, I wonder what everyone is going to do now that the price has gotten ridiculous? I paid 23¢ for my last stick and now even Wallyworld wants $18 per stick! Crazy! I actually saw an online place asking $25 for a stick. I know who to blame but I promised the mods I'd be a good boy.

Top Bottom