What's new

132 Blades - Abest High Platinum Swiss Steel

Finished the first blade this AM. Expectations started high but the blade did not carry through like I hoped it would. While developing these criteria, I kept records on my go-to blade which is a Personna Viking Sword (Israel) which gives me 4 reliable shaves before a CCS is simply not going to happen. During COVID, I would settle for a SAS, but that would be uncomfortable for a complete work day for me and so I will seek a CCS and not settle for an SAS for this test.

How did my go-to blade fare, it scored 8.09
The Abest scored 6.56.

Next blade: Asco Super Stainless (Lord/Egypt)

Attachments

• Abest Blade.png
    Abest Blade.png
    29 KB · Views: 34
  • criteria.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 10
I am not sure I follow how this get's a number of shaves before disposal rating of 6 yet the third shave was bad enough to bin the blade? It sounds like these are 2 shave blades!?

I am not sure I follow how this get's a number of shaves before disposal rating of 6 yet the third shave was bad enough to bin the blade? It sounds like these are 2 shave blades!?
Three shaves corresponds to a rating number of 6 for 3 shaves. Yes, I could have thrown the blade out after 2 shaves but I had no idea that there were so many until my post-shave test. White TP pressed against my face and counting the red spots. The razor is very forgiving and I know it is not technique based on the shaves I get from the Viking Sword razor blades. Had I felt any pain, I would have aborted that blade early on.

Top Bottom