What's new

$11 Baili vs $57 Parker

Is the Razorock TTO and similar models equivalent to the ubiquitous Weishi 9306 TTO?

I have very sensitive skin and a coarse beard, but the Weishi was so mild as to be effectively useless, even with Feather blades.

You are not alone having this problem with Weishi. I had found a local review from someone who had both the Baili TTO and the Weishi and his opinion was that the Baili was more efficient. Take it for what it's worth. I was considering to buy it too, but at the end, i was went with the BD176.

My current daily shaver is a Rockwell 6S, and I'm very satisfied. I generally use plate 3, and sometimes plate 4 if I haven't shaved in a while. However, I'm getting a little bored and restless, and might want some new razor toys.

If the Rockwell Model T isn't too expensive on release, I'll probably give it a try. If not, I might buy a Variant
You also should consider buying Slant head razors. They are very efficient and work with sensitive skin and some, such Ikon X3, ATT S2 and new Merkur 37c/39c, are mild while Vintage Merkur and Razorock German 37 are aggressive. I own X3 and S2 and getting best shave so far

The Maggard / Razorock / Yaqi / etc. handles and heads, including the slants, are so inexpensive, I'm considering trying a few just for fun.

However, I need to conserve some funds to also try new brush toys. My L'Occitane Plisson synth brush is getting lonely and wants some new synth friends.

Edit: I thought the RR German 37 was basically a copy of the Merkur 37 and therefore fairly mild. I read that the Maggard slant head was supposed to be more aggressive.

The Maggard / Razorock / Yaqi / etc. handles and heads, including the slants, are so inexpensive, I'm considering trying a few just for fun.

However, I need to conserve some funds to also try new brush toys. My L'Occitane Plisson synth brush is getting lonely and wants some new synth friends.

Edit: I thought the RR German 37 was basically a copy of the Merkur 37 and therefore fairly mild. I read that the Maggard slant head was supposed to be more aggressive.
The new Merkur 37 is mild but German 37 is copy of the older version of Merkur 37 and is aggressive. I have them both and have tried with 2 different blades. Maggard gives you smoother shave but is more aggressive than German 37. I own all 3 and they are for sale

You are not alone having this problem with Weishi. I had found a local review from someone who had both the Baili TTO and the Weishi and his opinion was that the Baili was more efficient. Take it for what it's worth. I was considering to buy it too, but at the end, i was went with the BD176.

Not familiar with Weishi but both Baili razors are efficient. Just mild.

So, revisiting this old thread...

Variant absolutely shines at higher settings. Used at 3.5 with a Feather or ASP, it's the best setup for me so far. I tried higher settings but didn't see much added benefit. Yet, anyway.

At lower settings, it seems that the lesser sensitivity of Baili razors to shaving angle make them a better choice.

So, revisiting this old thread...

Variant absolutely shines starting at mid settings. Used at 3.5 with a Feather or ASP, it's the best setup for me so far. I tried higher settings but didn't see much added benefit. Yet, anyway.

At lower settings, it seems that the lesser sensitivity of Baili razors to shaving angle and smaller head profile make the difference far less profound.

$11 for the Baili ? Somebody paid too much ($8 shipped for me). The two razors are so different I'm not sure the point in comparing them. I use my Progress at 3.5 . It's not better than the Baili just different. Love em both.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I can achieve 'glass like ' closeness with either cheap and more expensive razors on my cheeks after shaving, but I can always still feel roots of cut stubble on my lower jaw despite extra buffing in this area. -MY question and quest is what DE razor would help me attain the same 'glass like' closeness on my lower jaw? Some users of Blackland DE razors claim they can, because of their razors' unique curved way the blade clamps ?

Last edited:
I can achieve 'glass like ' closeness with either cheap and more expensive razors on my cheeks after shaving, but I can always still feel roots of cut stubble on my lower jaw despite extra buffing in this area. -MY question and quest is what DE razor would help me attain the same 'glass like' closeness on my lower jaw? Some users of Blackland DE razors claim they can, because of their razors' unique curved way the blade clamps ?
Below the jawline, my beard grows all the points of the compass - and it's different on left side vs right.
There are very few razor/blade combos that won't provide an ideal shave. A Gillette Tech or even a 1940's style Super Speed will reliably get you there without breaking the bank.
You won't get that ideal shave until you: Map your face - this is to determine the direction the hair grows so you can better shave it at the best angle. There are youtubes on beard mapping. Here are 2 of the best:

A mild razor isn't necessarily inefficient, of course.

I get easy DFS shaves with my late-model injectors, and they are generally considered mild.

Top Bottom