What's new

10th anniversary B&B Boar Brush

Hey guys. I looked and couldn't find who made the brush. I have abandoned all of my others for this one. I'm sure it's got at least a couple of years of life left. I just thought it would be cool to buy the same brush with different handle
Knowing who the maker was would help . Thanks

I have the B&B 10th anniversary brush and that is pretty much the best handle you will see for an Omega boar brush, except for Connaught exclusive in the green jade Persian jar handle. The Omega boar brushes come in the cheaper plastic and acrylic handles. There are a few in wooden handles.

The B&B brush is still sold through WCS, if you need a replacement.

It seems to me that the knot in the B&B brush was the exact same as another Omega brush, but the B&B one was all blond, where the Omega version was dyed. If you search, maybe you can dig up the posts that talk about it. I just searched for about 10 minutes and couldn't find it.

Good Luck on your search.

Thanks. I would not have thought Omega. I have a cheap Omega .this anniversary brush is on another level.

The B&B brush is still sold through WCS, if you need a replacement.

It seems to me that the knot in the B&B brush was the exact same as another Omega brush, but the B&B one was all blond, where the Omega version was dyed. If you search, maybe you can dig up the posts that talk about it. I just searched for about 10 minutes and couldn't find it.

Good Luck on your search.

The bristles were also splitting at the tips almost out of the box. Very easy break in for a boar.

I have the B&B 10th Anniversary brush and it is a cut above all the rest. I think it's the best Omega brush ever made. The bristles are of a premium type. Only the best white ones were chosen. It uses a top quality acrylic handle. As said in the last post, it feels almost broken in after the first use. And best of all it looks great.
You can still buy this at West Coast Shaving:
Badger & Blade 10th Anniversary Shaving Brush, Black/Gold Flake Handle

ATT_B&B.JPG

This is a high quality boar brush. The bristles used are of a premium grade not like your run-of-the-mill boar brush. It breaks in quickly and it's performance is stellar. I love the way it looks.

Lather_B&B.JPG

You guys talked me into it. This is my first and most likely only boar brush, so I splurged and got this. Not an inexpensive boar brush, so I hope it's as soft and ready to go right out of the gate like everybody says. Looking forward to it!

You guys talked me into it. This is my first and most likely only boar brush, so I splurged and got this. Not an inexpensive boar brush, so I hope it's as soft and ready to go right out of the gate like everybody says. Looking forward to it!

You won't be sorry. Boar brushes don't come much better than this. Just make sure you soak it in warm water for a couple of minutes before each use.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Richard:
I have the 10th Anniversary and the Gold Flake boar bushes...and they are Omegas. :thumbsup:

full

proxy.php
“Never wrestle with [boars]. You both get [lathered-up] and the [brush] likes it". George Bernard Shaw

This came in over the weekend and I had a chance to use it on Sunday. It is my first boar brush, so I was a little worried about it being scritchy for quite a few shaves. Right off the bat, this was not anymore scritchy than any badger brush I've from the get go. I'm looking forward to see how it progresses over the next couple of weeks.

I must say, this brush is much better looking in person. The pictures don't do it justice.

This came in over the weekend and I had a chance to use it on Sunday. It is my first boar brush, so I was a little worried about it being scritchy for quite a few shaves. Right off the bat, this was not anymore scritchy than any badger brush I've from the get go. I'm looking forward to see how it progresses over the next couple of weeks.
I must say, this brush is much better looking in person. The pictures don't do it justice.

I think by the 3rd or 4th shave you will think it is fully broken in. The bristles on this one are of a higher grade than most all other boar brushes.

Despite the uptick in price compared to most Semogues or Zeniths, the brush still holds it's own as a premium piece of hardware and I'd say is even iconic in the shaving world.

It is my daily brush. I don't even bother with the silver tip or horse that I have. I think I will try one of the other boar brushes I read about soon.

Top Bottom