What's new

1000th Post PIF Single Edge Razor collection

Ok I thought it over and
I'm in #13

I solemnly swear I have never used a Single Edge Razor (But I'm willing to try it. even the auto strop. why do I do this to myself ?)

Living in a grateful world

Be grateful to those who have hurted or harmed you,
For they have reinforced your determination.

Be grateful to those who have deceived you,
For they have deepened your sight.

Be grateful to those who have hit you,
For they have reduced your karmic obstacles.

Be grateful to those who have abandoned you,
For they have taught you to be independent.

Be grateful to those who have made you stumble,
For they have strengthened your ability.

Be grateful to those who have denounced you,
For they have increased your wisdom & concentration.

Be grateful to those who have made you Firm & Resolute & Helped in your Achievement.

~ From the teachings of Ven. Master Chin Kung~

I used one of the other Gem Micromatics today and it was a sweet shave. As good as I've gotten from any DE.

I'm in #14

I solemnly attest that I have never used a Single Edge Razor.

Isiah 41:10 " Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

I'm in #16

I swear I have never used a single edge razor (but i'm ready for a bumpy ride)

"If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of god, that giveth to all me liberally and upbraideth not" james 1:5

I'm in # 17
I swear that I have never used a single edge razor (or a straight edge)

"No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without Love."
1 Corinthians 13:3

Not in as, Soy in Perdedor, but great pif!
Flip:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

I'm NOT in. I'm already a Lover Of Single Edge Razors.

duderubble said:
how am I supposed to know what model
Research, my friend! Most of the answers you seek are in the shavewiki.
duderubble said:
(I know you don't want the Auto Strop, I don't want it either. Nobody wants the Auto Strop, but you have to take it, that's the rules).
Auto Strops are fine razors. Plenty of people use them, myself included. And plenty of people want them. I marvel at the engineering and mechanics of them all the time.

I have yet to see all of these fine razors correctly identified, so let me help you out. From L-R, here is what you have:

Ever-Ready 1924 "Shovelhead", Schick Type G, GEM Junior, GEM Micromatic Clog-pruf, and Valet Auto Strop VC4.

View attachment 400349
Caveat: I'm assuming it is a Schick Type G based on the color of the handle. It should be molded plastic and have seams on the side. If the color of the pic is off, it 'could' be bakelite (no seams), which would make it a Type E.

And Kudos for this awesome PIF! This will make an awesome start to someone's SE collection.

Im in #18
Ive never used an SE razor but I really want to!

James 1:22
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

I'm in #19

I solemnly swear I have never used a Single Edge Razor (But I want to, I really want to!).

Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; (Psalms 1:1 NKJV)

I'm not in, but this is a very nice PIF.

My mother has a masters in divinity, and my father is a preacher with the Methodist church. Neither my sister or I are even slightly religious, but I'll leave you with my favorite quote about life, the universe and everything:

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Lol. I was teasing about the auto strop. But I know the blades are harder to obtain. I still will have several others.

I'm in #20

I solemnly swear I have never used a single edge razor.

Proverbs 31:10–11
"Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain."

I'm not in, but this is a very nice PIF.

My mother has a masters in divinity, and my father is a preacher with the Methodist church. Neither my sister or I are even slightly religious, but I'll leave you with my favorite quote about life, the universe and everything:

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

It's been a while since I read it, but is that quote from The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

I'm in #21

I solemnly swear I have never used a single edge razor.

For behold this is my work and my glory - to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
Moses 1:39

Hi DudeRubble: I'm not in but congrats on your 1K post and may you have many more! That is a nice PiF.

WARHAWK

I'm in #22

I solemnly swear that I have never used a single edge.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I'm in at #23 on the hit parade.

I do so solemnly swear that I have never used a single edged "safety" razor.

"Why's everybody taking life so serious................Tain't nohow permanent."

Walt Kelly, author of the comic strip POGO.

Top Bottom