What's new

1000th Post PIF Single Edge Razor collection

Much sooner than a rational person should, I have come to my 1000th post (this one!). In keeping with the best B&B tradition I would like to Pay it Forward for all the great advice and information I have gotten here which has given me so much fun and enjoyment. To that end I present this Single Edge Razor Collection.

I recently purchased a collection that included about 40 or more SE razors, I had never tried an SE so I was anxious to give one a whirl and have been pleasantly surprised. Many of the 40 are duplicates or near duplicates, so I would like to give these to someone who has not yet tried living on the Single Edge. So here they are: A Gem Micromatic, a Gem Fat Handle, A Schick (who knows what model) injector an Ever Ready (again how am I supposed to know what model) and a Cadet Auto Strop (I know you don't want the Auto Strop, I don't want it either. Nobody wants the Auto Strop, but you have to take it, that's the rules). They are just as I got them, they aren't cleaned and I haven't tried them. I am including no blades (I'm just not that generous, lol), so if you win the PIF you need to get some blades while the razors are en route.

$SANY0162.jpg

Here are the Rules:

1. Open to those who have never tried any Single Edge razor.

2. Open to those within CONUS, unless you are willing to foot the shipping bill.

3. Say I'm in #____ as the first line in your post. (Meaning find the last person who was in and add one to their number, I'm in #1, I'm in #2 and so forth.)

4. Solemnly swear and attest to the fact you have yet to use a Single Edge razor.

5. Since I am an aspiring Theologian (Ph D. Student) and a former Army Chaplain, share your favorite verse/passage of Scripture or quotation from the sacred text of your faith tradition. If neither applies to you (non-theists of all stripes), your favorite philosophical quote about life, & whatnot.

6. I will figure out how to use a random number generating website and select the winner next Sunday after church, so about 1 p.m. CST.

7. All PIF's should remain PIFs. You are certifying that if you win you will keep or PIF (but not sell) these razors (Yes, you have to take the Auto Strop).

So your entry will look like this (except it doesn't have to be blue):

I'm in #0

I solemnly swear I have never used a Single Edge Razor (But I want to, I really want to!).

"I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die." - Galatians 2:21.

Good luck all! And thanks to the B & B community.

I'm in. #1
I have never used an se before
favorite philosophical quote: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

I'm in #2!
Never used or even seen a SE!

"A man said to the universe:
“Sir, I exist!"
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”" -Stephen Crane

I'm in #3.
I swear I have never used a SE razor. I've seen blades, though.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I'm in #4.
I have never used SE.
Proverbs 28:1-
The wicked flea though none pursue but the righteous are bold as lions.

I work in law enforcement and this verse is special to me.

Not in, but those are some nice SEs. Clean 'em up a bit and you are good to go. There are at least 3 different blades needed based on what I see in the picture.

I believe the 3rd one is a Gem Jr. with bakelite handle. I have one and it is one of my favorite SEs.
The last one should be a Valet Auto-Strop. I have 2 of those and they give nice shaves as well. Don't need the strop or any of the original equipment. They take a special Feather Spineless SE blade.

I'm in # 5

I Solemnly swear I have never used a Single eEdge Razor (But I want to, I really want to!)

Psalms 91 : 5

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night nor for the arrow that flieth by day

I am in #6

The woman in the dunes by Kobo Abe “One could not do without repetition in life, like the beating of the heart, but it was also true that the beating of the heart was not all there was to life."

I Solemnly swear I have never used a Single eEdge Razor (But I want to, I really want to!)

not in....just because I have my hands full just figuring out this DE thing...but a very generous PIF!

Not in, but I'm impressed that you got to 1,000 posts so quickly. Great PIF!

Not in as well! I'm equally impressed that you're over 1000 posts... We joined the forum at about the same time! That 100 razor collection must be keeping you busy with projects!

It is that. I've plated a New head and am selling off what are duplicates, I'll be plating a Big Fellow when I get the silver plating kit and I will tackle the OC Aristocrat when I feel more confident in my Nickel plating skills.

I am in #7
I attest to the fact that I have never tried an SE yet.
Job 24:25 Now if it not so, who can prove me a liar and make my speech worthless.

Not in as I have tried and own many SEs and love them, but just to note that I also have a degree in Theology, though merely a B.A. (Hons) from the University of Kent at Canterbury.
I think your PIF includes a Micromatic Clog-pruf, a Schick Type G, a Valet Autostrop VC3 and a GEM Jr. Not sure about the Ever Ready, but all the models with the curved top plate are said to be fantastic shavers...
In Bhagavad Gita Ch.18 v.66, Lord Krishna says "Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear." :001_smile

Last edited:
I am in #8

I solemnly swear I have never used a Single Edge Razor (But I want to, I really want to!).

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.” - Buddha

Last edited:
It is that. I've plated a New head and am selling off what are duplicates, I'll be plating a Big Fellow when I get the silver plating kit and I will tackle the OC Aristocrat when I feel more confident in my Nickel plating skills.

When you get there I'll have to come down to St. Robert with a box of razors :). Good luck with the PIF!

I'm in #9

Cogito ergo sum or "I think, therefore I am"

possibly the most brilliant idea ever expressed in philosophy and particularly apt since Descartes was a believer. I still remember vividly the exhilaration I felt when I first read this as a student of philosophy years ago and I know this quote will always be with me

I'm in #10

I solemnly swear I have never used a Single Edge Razor. (But I want to. I really want to!)

1 Corinthians 14:20 NIV

Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.

Last edited:
I'm in #11

i solemnly swear I have never used a Single Edged Razor (But I really want to!)

Proverbs 3:5
“With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment.”

I recently got got an old beat up on beyond repair that I wanted to use... Till I inspected it and realized its a lost cause. This would be awesome to try some out and PIF them if I don't like them. Thanks for the opportunity and congrats on the big 1000

Top Bottom