What's new

$100 to spend, which DE to get

Hi all,
Going to make it a short one, I currently use my beloved Rockwell 6S which I mainly use with the R6/R5 plate since I only shave every 2/3 days so I need to take down a fair amount of stubble my second one in use is the Razorock GC 0.84-P also great but somehow not as smooth then the Rockwell so I'm basically looking to at something new in the den... budget is about $100 so far I've been looking at the Karve CB line up with the B or C plate but I wonder which one you would choose?

Thx in advance ✌

RR Lupo 95
Karve D or higher plates (B&C would be in region of aggression as Rockwell and 84P)
Blackland Dart
Above The Tie Windsor Pro
Timeless Slim
Edit : Pearl Flexi brass adjustable!

All in your budget and CNC milled metals !

Except the Timeless but worth the upgrade.

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

Yep, Karve. C or D I would think based on your R5/6 preference. If I shaved with my Karve everyday the OC C plate would do it. I tend to pick the OC D plate and grab the Karve when I have a couple days or more of stubble.

I also like my Lupo DC, which for me has a nice differential between the two sides. It might be a bit aggressive for your preference.

Well, I am a newbie and don’t know much about plates and such. I wanted to go with just one razor so I chose an adjustable. My Parker Variant has all metal parts (unlike the Merkur and some others). It can go down to very little blade exposure when needed, and at the higher settings can be very aggressive and give a nice close shave. I like the flexibility. I generally change settings with each pass, and it varies from day to day depending on stubble length and condition of the blade (and my face, lol). The settings are marked in increments of half, but they are not locked, so I can fine tune infinitely between each number. I paid around $60 for mine. I’ve been using it for three months and I’ve never been sorry I bought it.

Top Bottom