What's new

100 Shaves

I only have 99 to go!
Nice! Just keep it up and you will have a lot of trial and error, but it’s well worth it in the long run. It’s like a light bulb goes off in your head finally and you start having great shaves every time with no issues. You also start to learn how to shave certain parts of your face that grow differently.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Nice! Just keep it up and you will have a lot of trial and error, but it’s well worth it in the long run. It’s like a light bulb goes off in your head finally and you start having great shaves every time with no issues. You also start to learn how to shave certain parts of your face that grow differently.
Thanks for the encouragement. Very much appreciated. I enjoy shaving and this is adding a new dimension to something I’ve done for over 50 years. I wish I had started long ago. Fortunately I enjoy honing as well!
Only 97 to go.

I hit 100 about a week ago!

To be honest I felt I was getting pretty good shaves from around 25-30 and it's been incremental improvement from there, but it definitely it was a milestone. I kept a shave log for my first 100 and used it to track progress and problem areas. Feeling like I could drop that and just shave for pleasure every day was nice.

Good luck to everyone still working on their century.

Yea, there is an exponential decrease/diminishing return in the skills one needs to learn, it basically becomes simple refinement once you’ve settled into a routine.

I hit 100 this last weekend and it all came together quite nicely for the best shave yet with SR/shavettes. I tried to stay pretty fluid in technique up to that point, to make sure I wasn’t settling into bad habits or inefficient skills. It was pretty hard to keep myself experimenting that long.

I had shave 102 this morning, and I tried two things I'd never tried before. I think things started to come together somewhere around shave 50. From 20-30 was the hardest, most frustrating time.

I am 40 shaves in and I am definitely still working on my technique. I feel like I could nail a BBS shave on my face every time after about a dozen shaves, but my neck still presents a challenge. I'm not sure if I will ever get to BBS on my neck, may have to settle for DFS. The contours of my neck make it challenging, I am still working on stretching and finding the best angles. I'm loving the journey so far!

Good job, guys. Keep working on it.

I had shave 112 today, so I'm not that far in front of you, but it's definitely WAY easier now than it was at 40 or 50 shaves.

You’ll eventually fall into a routine, but I’ve noticed every once in awhile I’ll notice a spot I could do a better job on or shave from a different direction. So the improving never quits.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’m at 66 shaves of this morning and am getting very good shaves. I’ve had three 2 pass shaves in the past week. Just keeps getting better and more efficient.

Today was my 100th consecutive straight shave. I can quit counting now!
:a17:
Good for you! I am 60 shaves in. I started in February, but I only shave every other day with the straight as the shaves are so close, and I use a DE when I am on the road. So glad I started!

Hooray @steveclarkus! I remember the feeling of hitting 100 and acknowledging that I had developed some passable level of proficiency. Congratulations!

Now we can spend the next 20 years getting it consistent and making it look easy...

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thanks and great idea about the next 20 years but I'm almost 70 already - 20 might be tough but I'll give it a shot.
:wheelchair:

Top Bottom