What's new

100 Shaves

On this forum you constantly hear that 100 shaves in and you start to get good. Recently I started getting some really good BBS shaves and kept thinking it must be from a few razors. Now that I’ve been going thru my rotation I’m getting that same great shave with all my razors. I’m thinking some magic happened with my technic and I’m pretty close to “100”. Thanks to everyone at B&B for all the help!

What razor(s) are you using ?
Ha! I’m starting to loose count but they are all great.
Ralf Aust 5/8, Brown 6/8, friodur 17, CVH MK31 have been the latest batch and the Ralf and Brown have been refreshed on a Coti with the other 2 running on hones from Alfredo.

Ha! I’m starting to loose count but they are all great.
Ralf Aust 5/8, Brown 6/8, friodur 17, CVH MK31 have been the latest batch and the Ralf and Brown have been refreshed on a Coti with the other 2 running on hones from Alfredo.

You will be pleased with Alfredo’s edge and I have narrowed mine rotation down.

ED6DEE84-FE8D-4440-B4EE-DDBEA465109B.jpeg

Id say that Im just about there. I had a wonderful 3-pass shaving with my Feather AC tonight. I wouldnt say that it was perfect BBS but I would say that it was about 90% there, with no nicks, cuts or irritation.

Id say that Im just about there. I had a wonderful 3-pass shaving with my Feather AC tonight. I wouldnt say that it was perfect BBS but I would say that it was about 90% there, with no nicks, cuts or irritation.
Awesome.
Are you using the folding model or the kamisori?

There is a lot of truth to the 100 shave rule of thumb, but I was still learning things at 500 shaves. I'm up around 1500 now, still look forward to each shave and hate to miss a day.

Congrats to OP 100 milestone and all the others for the number of shaves.

I just ventured into disposable straights with a feather SS. I’m only five shaves in with the feather as I only really have the time on weekends for straight razor shaving.

So far so good. I use a DE for my neck and chin so obviously not quit proficient with it, but have been able to go WTG, XTG, and ATG on my cheeks without too much issue. Finding the angle at times can be awkward and I only use my dominant hand. Had a few nicks but nothing too bad. I find the feather SS relatively easy and fun to use. Also, really like shaving with the feather AC blades.

Now only 95 more to go.... ha

Last edited:
Top Bottom