What's new

100 Hours

I'm 34 years old, and recently, I ran out of blades. I've been using my EJ89 for over a year now and have not once strayed back to multi-blade cartridges; I have course, curly hair and switching to olde-tyme shaving has eradicated my once-troublesome razor bump problem. So I quickly ordered a bunch of my favorite blades and waited - I wasn't about to break my streak of DE-only shaves, so, I just didn't shave at all.
When my Feathers finally arrived, I took extra care in my prep. As I swirled my brush in the mug, I looked at myself and realized that 4 days was the longest that I had EVER gone without shaving since I started around 20 years ago. I had a nice lil' beard starting to form, and now that it's gone, I sort of miss it.

My job doesn't really allow for me to have a beard, but now I really want to grow one. What's the longest you have gone without shaving?

Last summer I was near to one month during my vacation. Also each time I am at the hospital with my cancer sick boy I'm not shaving. I do not like shaving at the hospital. Longest hospital beard has been two weeks.

I love the feeling of a fresh feather blade. I have my full winter beard right now, so it has been over 2 months since I've shaved. However, I maintain my neck line so I don't look like a complete mess ( I shave just above the Adam's Apple).

30 days, this past november, but that went from dirty beard to mustache about halfway through. I cannot grow facial hair in any recognizable beard growth so it just looks better clean shaven.

After I retired from the Army the first thing I did was to grow a beard. I kept it for about a year. I've done that a few times but alas, "never more" (Edgar Allan Poe). Salt and pepper multi colored beards just make me look older and I'm old enough as it is, lol.

I had a full beard for 3-4 years when I was younger. I did shave around the edges and kept it trimmed reasonably short - not stubble, but not Duck Dynasty either. As for the mustache, it has been a constant companion since 1976.

I used to alternate between having a beard and cleaning up my neck and cheeks, to a goatee, to clean-shaven. Now I just alternate between clean-shaven and a goatee. I usually kept the beard for a month or so, now I only grow one during the NHL playoffs, so it goes as far as the Red Wings do lol

Last summer I was near to one month during my vacation. Also each time I am at the hospital with my cancer sick boy I'm not shaving. I do not like shaving at the hospital. Longest hospital beard has been two weeks.

I had a beard for 30+ years and would go 4 to 7 days between shaves until returning to DE / Wet shaving a couple of years ago. Now just a small Van Dyke , easy to shave around :001_smile

Here is a hope that all is going well with your son these days.

Gene

I suppose it depends on your definition of beard. This past month has been the first time my chin has been bare since I was 14. Kind of wondering why i chose to bare it in december... I had a full beard for 3 months, starting in June. I had to bushwhack it because I lokked exactly like my father, and it creeped my fiance out. Trimmed it down to a Van Dyke and baby handlebar mustache at the beginning of November. Lost the stache on request from my lady (What can I say? I just can't deny a pretty girl), lost the chin portion of the Van Dyke two weeks ago on a threat from my boss (jerk). Still rocking the soul patch.

Top Bottom