What's new

100 Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades from Super Safety Razors for $7.56

100 Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades from Super Safety Razors for $7.56 free shipping and you do not need to spend $25.

Are the Astra Superior Stainless Steel Blades better than the Astra Stainless Platinum blades in the green and white box?

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
In a word, "yes." My first 100-blade buy was a box of Astra Stainless Platinum. Loved them. Still do. But then I tried the Astra Superior Stainless and found them slightly better. Specifically, they are moderately sharper and smoother, and deliver far more more comfortable shaves before the blade wears out.

In fact, the only downside with the Astra Superior Stainless is when you try to abbreviate its name on Badger & Blade. :c9:

In fact, the only downside with the Astra Superior Stainless is when you try to abbreviate its name on Badger & Blade. :c9:
gif.gif

I tried a Astra Superior Stainless in a Muhle DE89 this afternoon worked good. I'm not going to draw a final conclusion after one shave with it though but for reference my favorites from 1 to 5 below. FYI, the deal is still good for free shipping without prime through two different sellers.

1Personna Super Comfort Coated
2Astra Superior Platinum
3Shark Stainless
4Derby Extra
5Dorco ST300

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Thanks for posting that. Just ordered 100, as I've been wanting to try them for quite a while now. I'm a big fan of greens; now it's time for some blues.

This pretty much insures my blade supply will outlast me.

Thanks for posting that. Just ordered 100, as I've been wanting to try them for quite a while now. I'm a big fan of greens; now it's time for some blues.

This pretty much insures my blade supply will outlast me.

William I am in the same boat as I have a large number of Astra greens. I also ordered 100 of the blues. If you like the blues better than the greens, will you still use the greens or switch to the blues?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
William I am in the same boat as I have a large number of Astra greens. I also ordered 100 of the blues. If you like the blues better than the greens, will you still use the greens or switch to the blues?
Not sure, actually. I use mostly mild razors, so for me, blades do not seem to make an enormous difference. It's quite likely I'll end up using both.

Top Bottom