What's new

100% aloe vera gel

Is pure aloe vera good to use an aftershave? What makes an aftershave? Can any moisturizer be used as an aftershave? I see a lot of aftershaves on the market and they are filled with a lot of potential irritating ingredients. I thought it might be good to just use aloe vera gel.

Is there a particular brand of aloe vera that comes more highly recommended than the others?

I break a piece off the plant outside and crush it to squeeze the gel out. It has a gross, snotty consistency, and burns like hell for a few seconds applied to a freshly shaved face, but once I get past that, it makes my face feel great all day long.

javyn said:
I break a piece off the plant outside and crush it to squeeze the gel out. It has a gross, snotty consistency, and burns like hell for a few seconds applied to a freshly shaved face, but once I get past that, it makes my face feel great all day long.
Interesting... I met a guy from Australia once in college who was quite the party animal. He insisted that we try snorting whiskey. In his words, "it burns the @#&^% out of your nose and hurts like hell, but it's great!". Needless to say, I declined to try this bit of wisdom.

Scotto said:
Interesting... I met a guy from Australia once in college who was quite the party animal. He insisted that we try snorting whiskey. In his words, "it burns the $%#@$ out of your nose and hurts like hell, but it's great!". Needless to say, I declined to try this bit of wisdom.

Obviously a Pat Travers fan...

Randy

javyn said:

thats exactly how it feels. everytime i use it, i always regret it for the first minute but after that it feels fine.

javyn said:
Amazing... We kept an aloe plant in the kitchen for attending to the occassional burn. All that time it was the aloe burning? I thought it was the seared flesh!:lol:
I wonder if you have some mild allergy to aloe John or if it is one of the fatty acids in the plant snot(?) that disagrees with your tender visage? If you apply aloe at a time other than immediately after shaving does it still burn? Or to other parts of the body, such as the inside of your arm?

I regularly use a home made concoction of Aloe Vera Gel, Witch Hazel, and Corn Huskers lotion. I sometimes add some EOs or other aftershaves in for a different feel or scent. I highly recommend you try it and play around with the ratios.

Interesting... I met a guy from Australia once in college who was quite the party animal. He insisted that we try snorting whiskey. In his words, "it burns the @#&^% out of your nose and hurts like hell, but it's great!". Needless to say, I declined to try this bit of wisdom.

Sounds like snorting Listerine, an old Met(ropolitan Opera) trick for if you're congested and have to sing that night, come hell or high water. (Seriously, on authority of a former Met tenor I know, who still does this.)

Top Bottom