What's new

10 Things You Didn’t Know About Pizza!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
The Daily Meal - Dan Myers - 10 Jul 15

"Ah, pizza. Ask a few people what their favorite food is, and it’s bound to come up.

Pizza is one of the most popular foods in America, and whether it’s from a fast food joint, your supermarket’s freezer section, a dollar-slice joint on the streets of New York, or an artisanal pizzeria, it always seems to taste good!

But this magical combination of bread, cheese, and sauce didn’t come into the world fully-formed, and bet that there are some things you didn’t know about it". :drool:

Read More: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/10-things-you-didn%E2%80%99t-know-about-pizza/ss-AAcOFVV#image=1

Since we're on the subject of pizzas...do you have any Regional Style Pizzas (I love the New York style the most!), you would like to relate
and share
proxy.php

Read More: http://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/11-pizza-styles-you-need-know-about-slideshow

attachment.php
"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six". Yogi Berra
proxy.php

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Those were fun to read. Thanks!

I don't know that I could choose a favorite style. I like just about all of them. A good pizza is a good pizza! We also make scratch pizzas at home fairly often, sometimes with a sourdough crust, and that's about as good as it gets.

Hey, it's cool that it identified the cornicione as the proper term for the outer crust (edge) of the pizza. I didn't expect to see that.

Giordanos from Chicago just opened last week here in Minneapolis. Over two hour wait to be seated, then 45 for the pizza to hit the table.

Ahh pizza. I do love me a nice thin crust (stuffed with mozzarella and herbs), a simple tomato base sauce, lots of cheese and lashings of pepperoni. Doesn't get any better than that!

Lovely read, thanks for sharing.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Hey, it's cool that it identified the cornicione as the proper term for the outer crust (edge) of the pizza. I didn't expect to see that.

I make mine with cornichons on the outer crust, but most folks don't like pickles on their pizza.

I make mine with cornichons on the outer crust, but most folks don't like pickles on their pizza.

The Papa John's pizza location was advertising a cheeseburger pizza a while back that had pickles on it. Never tried it though since I believe hamburgers and and pizzas should remain separate foods.

The Papa John's pizza location was advertising a cheeseburger pizza a while back that had pickles on it. Never tried it though since I believe hamburgers and and pizzas should remain separate foods.

I believe Papa John's and pizza should remain separate foods.

For me the Neapolitan pizza is the way to go. My mother and grandmother made it that way and the only ingredients on the top of the pizza was either cheese, basil leafs, and fresh tomatoes, or cheese and anchovies. My mother also would take any leftover dough sprinkle some white raisins in it, some paprika , olive oil, and a few pine nuts, shape it into a loaf of bread and bake it.

Huge fan of "Old Forge" style pizza from Old Forge, PA. It's a local variation of the "Grandma Pizza" in the slideshow linked in the Count's original post. Baked on rectangular trays, the crust is medium thickness, crisp on the bottom from frying a little in the grease they put on the pan. Sweet (but not too sweet) tomato sauce and a mix of mozzarella and American cheese. Delicious!

revello's red pizza by stumptownpanda, on Flickr

Top Bottom