What's new

10 Bourbons You Can Afford To Drink. Every. Single. Day.

My favorite cheap ones.

Old Weller Antique 24.99
Evan Williams SB 23.99
Fighting **** 16.99
Old Grand Dad 114 21.99
Old Heaven Hill Bottled in Bond is also decent at 13.99 for a litre, but not on the level of the ones above.

In the ~$30 range my favorites are Eagle Rare and the 1792 Ridgemont. At any price less than that I go straight to Dickel.

While I have no problem drinking whisky neat, I find that I enjoy it more with a splash of distilled water. It lasts longer too! Not much, but a little something to open up the flavors. It's funny I've heard people in the US say that you're "ruining scotch if you add water" and yet any pub in Scotland will have a pitcher of water on the bar for just such purpose.

How about some bourbons you can drink maybe once or twice a year??

Here are three of the infamous "Orphan Barrel" whiskies which are silly hard to find and priced accordingly. Plan on around $50 +/- per 2 oz. shot....but oh, so tasty.

$IMG_0217.jpg

Be sure to post you review of the Weller 12. I was able to find a 1.75L bottle in Florida for $50 and not sure when I will open it.

Here are three of the infamous "Orphan Barrel" whiskies which are silly hard to find and priced accordingly. Plan on around $50 +/- per 2 oz. shot....but oh, so tasty.

View attachment 556579

Theyre not that hard to find, and if you're paying $50 a shot, you're getting bent over without even getting a kiss. I can find all three of those tomorrow for $60-$70, and frankly it's just a marketing scheme.

View attachment 556579

Ouch, that's hard to read, and even harder to imagine. $50 per 2oz? I admittedly haven't seen any of the 3 other than Barterhouse, but I see it regularly. I have had the opportunity to sample it also, and while it is by no means a bad bourbon, it is on the same level as many $30-40+ bottles that I have had. It is good, but, wow, that's a lot for a double. You are in Pappy territory there.

I have been sampling all the $20-30 bourbons that I can find locally. Old Grand Dad BIB (100 proof) has become my favorite. It has a high rye content that makes it unique (in my experience).

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I can recommend adding Larceny Bourbon to the affordable list. Around $35 or so a bottle in Pa.

Top Bottom