What's new

1 of 3 brushes- but which?

Not on your list of options but what about a quality boar brush like Semogue or Omega? They are great quality, and soft as anything once broken in.

Thank you for the input.
But I'm am looking for a really good badger brush.
What do you consider really good? My favourite badger brushes are the Edwin Jagger Silvertip, Simpson Best, Rooney Heritage, Morris & Forndran, and Thäter.
Hope this helps you mate, good luck on your search.

Forgot to add, why not get a vintage brush off of the bay and reknot it with a Whipped Dog? Then you have the knot, and the look :thumbup:

What do you consider really good? My favourite badger brushes are the Edwin Jagger Silvertip, Simpson Best, Rooney Heritage, Morris & Forndran, and Thäter.
Hope this helps you mate, good luck on your search.

Forgot to add, why not get a vintage brush off of the bay and reknot it with a Whipped Dog? Then you have the knot, and the look :thumbup:

Thank you. That vintage idea is good.
Now there is more options. Instead of less- thank you. I guess ;-).

+1 for the Whipped Dog brush; great brush at an even better price. An excellent choice for this point in your shave journey; you have the rest of your shaving life to get crazy over brush acquisitions! If you are afflicted with the AD's like the rest of us you will get to them in time... :001_smile

+1 for the Whipped Dog brush; great brush at an even better price. An excellent choice for this point in your shave journey; you have the rest of your shaving life to get crazy over brush acquisitions! If you are afflicted with the AD's like the rest of us you will get to them in time... :001_smile

Thank you for the input. I'm sorry i don't know the shortening "AD"

Actually i really like Number 3. But I would like an educated guess about its softness/quality. Or better a review.

Do you care about things like backbone or flow through or anything like that so much? Or you just want a badger?

I would go Whipped Dog of those options in:

Small = 20mm x 45mm loft
Medium = 22mm x 48mm loft
Large = 24mm x 50mm loft

Do you care about things like backbone or flow through or anything like that so much? Or you just want a badger?

I would go Whipped Dog of those options in:

Small = 20mm x 45mm loft
Medium = 22mm x 48mm loft
Large = 24mm x 50mm loft

I got an EJ best badger but I don't like it's being prickly.
Backbone and file is surely something I care about but I'm to much of a newbie to know the differences and my own preference yet.
But I'm very sure of that I want the brush to be real kind to my skin.

Top Bottom