What's new

#1 Blade?

If you had to choose one DE blade for the rest of your life, which one is going to be? I will post the results in the end!

Astra SP. It's the only blade I use. I have 245 blades. That's enough for many years.

You know what they say...everything else is just a blade.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If you had to choose one DE blade for the rest of your life, which one is going to be? I will post the results in the end!

Depends on the razor:

Fatip and Schöne: Bolzano
Gillette Techs, Personna "BBS-0" and Timeless Ti 0.68-SB: Kai
Plus other match-ups.

If I had to pick just one all around blade, it would probably be the Personna Israeli Platinum Red.

YMMV :)

It would involve ditching a couple of razors which are picky or feather fhs dependents but it is going to be Gillette silver blue or bic chrome I guess

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gem Personna SS PTFE SE - you are getting a sharp blade that smooths out very predictably with longevity that has done the test of time(over 100 yrs of experience MFG blades). I have been using this blade for over a year and it will give any blade a run for the money and performance. I get at least 10>shaves and that works out to $.02-.03 a shave much the same cost as any DE blade that I have used.
Blade review Revision #5 Dec14-2018.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tough question, but the German Wilkinson Sword is usually my go to blade, but lately I have been using Kai blades and they are really nice.

If I absolutely had to choose I'd go with the Wilkies.

Top Bottom