What's new

1 blade = 1 shave any one ?

Who here thinks I'm crazy for it ?

Not crazy, it sounds like you have good reasons for doing so.

I wouldn't do it, but then the reasons you do so don't apply to me.

I don't want to give up the best shaves of each blade (which the first almost never is!!), nor do I want to send blades to recycling until they've given a respectable amount of service - yes, they're still more environmentally friendly than plastic carts and disposables, but they're less friendly than they could be.

Barring good reasons, I think most people should try taking a blade to 20+ at least a few times - it's both a useful learning experience and at times a revelation (in the sense that the best shaves may not be the first 2-3, and if a shaver never use a blade beyond that point they may not realise what you're missing!)

When I started with DE shaving, I thought I would also like to see how long I can push a blade. Then one morning I started shaving and tossed the old blade mid-shave. After washing the soap residue off, one half of my face was akin to a baboon's *** - from that point onward, one shave == one fresh blade edge or one complete blade (depending on blade durability).

Bic Chrome DE blades.
If I can actually make it through an entire shave without tossing it I consider myself lucky.
Maybe I just got a bad tuck because I've noticed that alot of people really like them and speak highly about them, unfortunately they just don't work for me.

Last edited:
Except for 1 exemption being feather blades I only use a de blade once and I toss it .

Only exemption is feather blades , those I'll use 2 times and then toss em .

Most my daily drivers are Russian blades Gillette, voskod, rapiras, nacet etc , and also sharks all three flavors with a few bolaznos thrown in .

Who here thinks I'm crazy for it ?

I have countless thousands of blades including almost 1,000 feathers alone . But also I am prone to VERY VERY VERY bad folliculitis so using a fresh blade along with no against the grain bosses behooves me.
Shows you how ymmv blades are. Back when I was using modern blades I couldn't finish a three pass shave with a Feather. Que sara-sara.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
3 shaves out of a feather blade. Occasionally I may go four anything beyond that is not good for me. I agree with shave 2 being the best.

Yup one blade=one shave. I did try to use a blade twice the other day at the request of my wife. I got a decent shave but not what I'm looking for and once I explained how much longer in life I will be shaving. I could use use 1 blade per pass and still save money over buying carts. I feel confident we won't be having this discussion again.

:biggrin1:

Top Bottom