What's new

1/2 Blade KIA in shavette -WOW!

Over the past 12 months I've been trying a variety of 1/2 DE blades in my Turkish shavette. Up until today 7 O'clock yellows have been my optimum blade performance wise. However today I tried a KIA -WOW what a big step change in performance! Resulting in less going over the same area again and again.
I get the impression, rightly or wrongly that these blades are stiffer than most DE Blades even when I was DE shaving with them? Also as these blades are wider than most DE blades, the blade exposure in a shavette is slightly greater

Can anyone else vouch for my claims using theses blades in a shavette? Or have I found my 'grail' shavette 1/2 blade ?

Last edited:
Generally, more blade exposure in a barber razor is better than less. Keeps the angle down. Kais are my universal blade and yes I have used one in my Chinese barber razor, the half blade has been awhile. Functionally it's the same though. I bet you could get 6 shaves on each half!

I have the CJB KAMASORI AND LOVE it. I found that the feather Supers Work better than the professionals

I have the CJB KAMASORI AND LOVE it. I found that the feather Supers Work better than the professionals
I think you have confused formats. Saying that, I quite dislike shaving with a shavette and a DE blade. It's just too short. The Dovo long blade is far better and the Feather AC even better still.

Top Bottom